Far Cry 2 is being dusted off, BinnZ jumps back into Africa

Started by BinnZ, April 01, 2020, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I think it is the old standard MP stuff because I lamented at the time that it would be cool if there was a cooperative MP component (which was not available).

Good idea to post "guess where this is" images  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah while I was on the old boards looking at Call of Juarez, I looked at the posts on the MP FC2 stuff and yeah, seems it was deathmatch or team deathmatch and that's about it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm not sure I have the game installed on my current PC, and even though a linear game it has been long enough ago that I can probably play it again.

Here's an image from FC2 - kind of an easy one if you recall the main areas:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Spoiler
Weelegol Village

fragger

I can probably remember many of the areas, but not their names :gnehe:

I remember how we used to lament the paucity of animal types in FC2. There were zebras, water buffaloes and gazelles (or antelopes or whatever they were), and that was it. And they posed no danger. Then FC3 came along and we were like, "too many @#$%& wild animals..." :gnehe:

Mind you, they did overdo the animals a bit in 3, and in 4. Those flipping eagles in 4, geez...

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I also remember the place and remember the name, but hooking the two together is what doesn't happen.  Same goes for real life lol.

I got so tuned to the eagle sound in later games that all I had to hear was the beginning screech and I'd be aiming at the sky, scanning for the eagle. Maybe a little more than half the times I'd shoot it down before it got me.
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

as to the "where is it" pic: I looked at it, noted the wooden structure and suddenly the name popped up in my mind. I thought, nah, unlikely.. checked the spoiler and that made me grin, that was actually the same as what I had in my mind. After all those years, it still worked  :anigrin:

PZ

You have a good memory AB! Best of anyone I have ever met  :bigsmile:

Spoiler
Pala

Art Blade

here I instantly thought, "that's one of those cease-fire zone towns" but I thought of just the other one. :D

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

I'm going to have to post a really obscure place in the game, just to stump Art!
D_B

PZ

Indeed! We started out easy.

Spoiler
ScrapYard

Art Blade

yep, got that one right. The cranes and "debris" gave it away :anigrin:

PZ

Spoiler