PZza

Started by BinnZ, April 04, 2020, 07:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Today I'm going to make a PZ style pizza. I will add polenta to the crust, so it has a stronger bite. I will add fresh tomatoes to it (no sauce) and white cabbage and purple onions. The main ingredient will be döner, from the pros at the food market. I will top it off with some cheese, probably young Gouda.
It will be a feast. And it wil need a good garlic sauce, which I will make fresh.
Will add pictures soon 🤪
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Döner: for those unfamiliar with Turkish (fast) food such as kebab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

PZ

Wow that sounds good!  :thumbsup:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 04, 2020, 07:51:03 AM
Döner: for those unfamiliar with Turkish (fast) food such as kebab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

I was going to purchase a machine that I could use to make kebab some time ago, but it is kind of expensive for the occasional use.

Art Blade

let alone having to deal with half a ton of cone-shaped seasoned meat just for the occasion. Unless you use a feather up your throat after each serving, you won't be able to eat the whole thing during a single meal :anigrin:

PZ

BinnZ

Okay here we go. The ingredients:

Onions and tomatoes:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

White cabbage (seasoned with a bit of lime, a bit of oil and a bit of black pepper):

Dutch Gouda cheese:

Döner from the food market:

Home-made garlic sauce:

Then the production process:

First layer: (turn head 90 degrees to view correctly, OWG uploads the pic in a 90 degree angle for some reason)

Second layer: (idem)

Voilá:

And finally, the feast:

On the plate, with a good bit of sauce:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

crazy pizza, nice pics :thumbsup: :anigrin:

PZ

Dang that looks fantastic, BinnZ!

nex

A different approach as to what I'm used to, but as a former pizza shop owner
I have to admit that it looks very good BinnZ  O0
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I remember you talking about making pizzas nex.  :thumbsup:

Do you have any tips for us amateurs? I do have a wood fired pizzaz oven that I like to use during summer, but my results are a bit variable. I remember when first using the oven I put in a pizza crust and it burned black in about 10 seconds or less.  :D

nex

If my memory serves me right, your oven is round PZ, typically the fire is as far back to the right or left hand
side of the oven which is easiest for you, the pizza then goes to the opposite side, the heat needs to be adjusted
according to the size of the oven, the base of our pizzas were first prooved then left one side to cool down before
the toppings go on. The raw base goes into the oven and as it starts forming bubbles it must be removed,
just start forming bubbles and not start baking, shouldn't be less than 30 to 40 seconds that way the oven
temp should be ok.
When the base is removed from the oven put it one side on top of a grid or something to prevent it from sweating
so it can cool down, we always sprinkled a little cornmeal on the tabletop then the base on top of that, the coarseness
prevented sweating. Once the pizza goes into the oven it should be rotated about twice to get an even bake on all sides,
and shouldn't take more than 5 to 6 minutes, not less than 5 min, that indicates the oven is too hot. I have an oven peel for that job.
I know someone will ask why do I prove the base beforehand, after the pizza is made the centre of the base is also baked
and not half raw, it also prevents the pizza slices from flopping down under the weight of the topping.
Hope this helps PZ  O0

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

PZ, you could be both a pizza baker and a charcoal burner, using the same oven. It only depends on how "well" you "baked" your pizzas. :anigrin:

Then again.. maybe you're just abusing the time being a pizza baker to secretly become a master charcoal burner. :gnehe:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 05, 2020, 04:41:31 PM
Then again.. maybe you're just abusing the time being a pizza baker to secretly become a master charcoal burner. :gnehe:

:laughsm:

Thanks for the advice nex! Yes, my oven is round, and is about 1 meter inside diameter. I usually build a fire in the middle of the oven, then push the coals to the back of the oven while the floor cools a bit (that way the pizzas don't burn black in a matter of seconds)  :gnehe:

I usually spend several hours getting the oven to a uniform temperature, but what the heck - it is all about the experience, right!

Art Blade

and here I thought it was mostly about eating pizza.

Tags:
🡱 🡳