Satisfactory (Early Access)

Started by LowPolyOWG, June 09, 2020, 12:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

he sometimes puts up a black background and white lettering, putting a short message into the vid like, "48 hours later" and he sometimes mentions stuff like, "a week now," so I think it is legitimate.

BinnZ

:o

Well, looking at the amount of subscribers he probably makes a living out of his madness :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

I always thought those interludes were jokes, but could be he does all that with a huge amount of time and grinding a lot.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

if  you just look at "the weave" and "conveyor belt hurricane" (or some such) and "conveyor-ghetti" (wildly interweaving constructions) which are constructions that make the game grind to a halt, fps-wise. Then you know how much time he spent building that stuff.

And he once said something like, "(constructing) this has taken me so long that in the meantime I made tons of resources and stuff that has by now filled the conveyor belts" so that too makes it abundantly clear how he does it.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there is that but I thought he also said at one point something about a console command or something. But whatever, it's pretty funny and like you said drags the FPS down so much that the game isn't meant to be played that way.

It's like the old saying, sure, you CAN, but stop and ask if you SHOULD - LOL
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Setting up a umm 15 coal generator power plant. I decided to craft the rest next to my water pumps :)

The water pipes piping their way down this mountainous path.

This creature can be used as a mobile trampoline.

2.48 Kwh :anigrin:

The pumps.

The extra coal generators

My own man cannon :laughsm:

Working as intended :D

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

"Man cannon" isn't the player character a woman, though? Or is it a selection you make?

Nice setups though.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

When you're too high in the sky :laughsm:

:laughsm:

My factory setup

Art Blade

the message screen is funny :thumbsup: :anigrin:

For those of you (which boils down to Dweller) who follow this topic, it might be worth mentioning a few things as to how this game works.

You start with almost nothing, have to find resources and start to process them. You want to do that because it will unlock cool stuff that makes life easier. But it comes at a price: first you'll have to w0#k, produce the stuff needed for unlocking upgrades and then you go on. After a while you'll find or have to find different types of resources and will unlock different products but for instance, rather than making fire with leaves and wood to get energy, you'll advance to coal and ultimately to nuclear power. Rather than walking around with a stick to fend off those creatures that are aggressive (not all of them are) you can build vehicles and later that famous tube system (human cannon ball) to get around quickly.

What makes it difficult is the fact that one resource like iron is needed for various products and you want to automate your stuff so you don't have to waste your time on a workbench. So if you have an iron source and want to make iron rods and steel plates, you'll have to either do it in turns or split the stream and feed them into two different machines. Now there's screws and you'll need those iron rods to produce them. Meaning, you'll have to split your stream again and build more machines. But the resource stream has a specific speed, like 60 iron ores per minute. If you split that, you'll feed 2x 30 iron ores into machines. if you split it again, you'd end up with perhaps 1x 30 and 2x 15 because every time you split a stream, you'll get half the amount of resources in the same time. And that will slow down production. Unless you "boost" some engines to produce more (like the drill, 30 iron ore per minute is normal, I added 2 boosts to go to 150 and 200% so I am now at 60 per minute which I have to split several times. And of course you can slap down more drills for resources but there is limited space, like one or two drills per iron source. So you may want to explore the area with that scanner for more sources.

And so on and so forth :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I've been watching videos on the game since it was early on the epic launcher. It was the only thing at the time that interested me enough to think about getting the epic launcher. But be as busy then as now with other games, I didn't get it. But I keep in the loop on the updates and maybe eventually might get the time to try it out.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳