Satisfactory (Early Access)

Started by LowPolyOWG, June 09, 2020, 12:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

You're going to have the entire surface of the planet covered by factories at this rate!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

haha :anigrin:

Actually, I'm trying the exact opposite. Rather than spreading like a virus, I try to keep my stuff in one location like a spider in the centre of its cobweb.  Far away resources are being "imported" from their respective sites. The only exception has been the coal power plant(ation) because it requires both coal and water, and I decided to brew my power right on site. I could haul the whole stuff back to base but it hadn't occurred to me before. Maybe I'll do that when I have to restructure my factory yet again :gnehe:

fragger

"The old world will burn in the fires of industry" :gnehe: I think Saruman said that in the Lord Of The Rings.

You're setting up some impressive manufacturing there, Art :thumbsup: What does the space elevator do?

Art Blade

cheers :) Even though it's nothing compared to what is shown in some YT vids, mine at least is evolving as the result of necessity and pragmatism :anigrin: And I'm not going to go scientific about it like some with mathematical precision. I do my stuff by roughly estimating what I might get out of a construction and I'm having fun :bigsmile:

The space elevator, as far as I know, is more for show and less a practical thing. At least for now all it does is transporting big amounts, like several thousand units, of different products that you need to produce in order to progress. Essentially you fill a box and shoot it into oblivion :anigrin: That thing is for "milestones" which are part of progressing in "tiers" that unlock stuff like coal power, oil power, faster conveyor belts and all that.

Dweller_Benthos

Isn't the "story" behind the game is that you're supplying some off world colony or something and that's where all the supplies sent up the space elevator go to?
D_B

Art Blade

I never really noticed any story.. but what you say kinda sounds reasonable. :anigrin:

fragger

Yeah, that makes sense. Somebody must be getting all the stuff you're exhausting the resources of a planet to make :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Is it still early access, or is this full release?
D_B

nex

When I started the game two days ago I chose Grass Fields, resources are far and wide and
vegetation is also scarce, I spent most of my time running around looking for wood and leaves.
finding coal was quite easy, not having the map yet, I had a struggle finding water.
I decided to start a new game in the Northern Forrest, so far it seems to be the ideal spot,
all resources as very close, I must just find water, which I believe is also quite close to where I am.
Vegetation is plentiful so I built a semi-automated biofuel producer which works quite well keeping
all six burners running.
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Cool, nex. Hope you will enjoy the game as much as me and Art O0
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Dweller_Benthos

I think I would get to the point of having explosives, build all sorts of sky walkways like Art does, then just walk along them carpet-bombing all the native wildlife from up on high. Then maybe build a coal power plant or something, I don't know.
D_B

Art Blade

nex, hey, that's cool, you got that game! O0

Dweller, it's still early access.

Carpet bombing would be overkill as there are typically just one, two or three predators around a certain area. But yes, I kind of did something like you had in mind: sky bridge, lowering down to so I could see what I was doing (and see those creatures) but for a change, I built walls around me leaving just one opening to look and shoot through while jumping back and forth behind walls for cover. Some creatures shoot balls of fire that act like homing missiles of sorts so getting cover is deffo a plus and being able to build your own cover on the fly just beats anything else :anigrin:

It's certainly different and fun. Finally something new to enjoy and man, this game hasn't crashed or otherwise disappointed me in over 150 hours which is really cool for an early access game. :)

I am currently using coal and fuel (from oil) generators for power and I am short of unlocking tiers 6 + 7 and to get there, I need to fill the space elevator with really sophisticated stuff that takes LOADS of different production steps to assemble a single unit and I need thousands of those. I already filled up that elevator with some of the required items but man, the remaining stuff..

It is really getting quite a bit more complicated now. :)

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Yes Art, It also surprised me too  :evil2:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

In the early stages still, I have just connected one water pipeline to a coal generator, together
with the coal, will power it up and see if it works!!   ???

Tags:
🡱 🡳