Far Cry 2 modding fun

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 26, 2019, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

I decided to rework my mod again, fixing some issues/reworking some design choices. Started a new save, the old save I had corrupted itself. I cleaned up my gamemodesconfig (too much spaces/changed some values and added back malaria), fixed my broken patrols and changed my character's gravity to -10.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Another patrol shootout :anigrin:

I remember writing on the old forum that NPCs had different dialogue if you were at max rep in Act 1 through modding. This is from the gas tank mission given by the APR in Act 1.

The Police Chief's brother. Rather calling you a simple thief, he prays for his life.

The Police Chief asks you to finish him off, as you already "killed" him by stealing his ledger. Heh, wrote about it on the old forum too :)

For a 2008 game, proper 3rd person reloading is nice. Most games never do this, the animations are often completely different, with the gun model being "static", no magazine is pulled out from it.

A merc reloading his M249. It appears if you mod weapon reload timers in "weaponProperties", it applies to merc weapons too.

I tried to record some FC2 with OBS/D3DGear. Somehow, it "broke" FC2, nothing was recorded and I discovered that my PC didn't let me do anything when alt-tabbing  :banghead: Had to close the recording programs/FC2 to make things w0#k again ::)

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool, too bad about the recording messing things up.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Interesting, it appears you can define "laser" guidance for the launchers. There is an "AimSeeker" property for the MGL, M79, RPG7 and Carl Gustaf. Also, you can switch weapon projectile model by simply editing the "FireStrategyProperties" section :anigrin: I switched the RPG-7 rocket for the Carl Gustav and it works perfectly. I can even guide the missile to it's target :laughsm: Reload is glitched though, as the rocket is not present. I would assume I need to edit the animations somehow.

A RPG-7 with the model swap :gnehe:

Increased the Iron Sight FOV, too much perhaps. Dialed it back after I tested this

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

That's pretty cool, laser guiding a rocket into a patrol truck would be fun. Chasing it down the road, lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳