Found these Haunted Australian Mine Stories

Started by mandru, August 01, 2017, 08:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Australian myth, lore and the people who live there have always interested me.

The source of these stories are from a lead worker in an Australian mine.  Mind you I'd call it a quarry from his description of the operation but 'mine' may be a regional thing so I'll let him call it whatever he wants to.  This guy has posted twice now on some of the strange yet compellingly interesting occurrences he has been confronted with during his long years at this job site.

Decide for yourself.  :bigsmile:  ** If you get easily creeped out you may not want to read these right before bedtime  ;) **

1st posting: www.imgur.com/gallery/q8J8T

2nd posting: www.imgur.com/gallery/hFFox

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting. A few of those could be filed under "move around large amounts of rock and earth and things are going to shift around a bit, even days or weeks later" that would cause some of those occurrences. But the last photos of the rock called Dwayne and the black cloud stuff, weird.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Reminds me of the moving rocks in Death Valley  ???

Art Blade

good read. I liked the "cow" chasing in the roof :thumbsup:

mandru

I just hope that fragger doesn't figure out where this mine is and that they are hiring replacement workers hand over fist as they get run off by the weirdness.  I'd prefer he find somewhere safer (even if it's more boring) rather than have him run off and sign up for a stint.  :anigrin:
- mandru

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

who knows. Maybe he can haunt the weirdness so badly that it turns into a safe if boring mine :gnehe:

mandru

That may be.  :)

Also aren't mines and quarries (haunted or not) locations where there's lots of boring happening?  :evil2:
- mandru

Art Blade

:laughsm:

first he'd have to go in with a 12 bore shotgun, then the weirdness would have to bear the brunt and at last he'd be the one who bore the palm. :anigrin:

fragger

Australia, where even rocks and highway cones are out to get you :gnehe:

Don't worry about me, you wouldn't get me into a mine for all the tea in China. I'm an above-ground person :gnehe: "Underground" is not my preferred milieu.

That black critter sounded like a smaller version of the "Yowie", our equivalent of Sasquatch. Others have seen those - black and stinking to high heaven, with a tendency to run on four legs as much as two. Yowies are usually reported as being a lot bigger than the one in this story though.

I've heard a couple of those mining tales already, but not all of them. I keep an open mind about such things. My nephew worked as a driver in the Queensland mining industry for a while and has heard a number of these kinds of stories from other workers. I keep a grain of salt handy (Aussies can be notorious tall-story tellers) but I don't entirely dismiss these things either.

Some pretty bizarre events have taken place in the Outback. There are a couple of good books, Great Australian Mysteries Vol. I and II by John Pinkney, which have numerous accounts of weird, wonderful, and sometimes downright unsettling, Outback experiences. They're best read in the daytime...

Art Blade

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

mandru

fragger, it's with some relief that when it comes to mining (haunted or not) you're not on board with the idea.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳