100 Subscribers!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 01, 2020, 08:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Just passed 100 subscribers on my youtube page! Not a huge deal but considering it took 11 years, it's a long time coming!  :laughsm:

Made a celebratory video where I get nuked in Fallout 76. I wanted to see the nuke arrive and I thought being on the edge of the blast zone would mean I was safe.

I wasn't, lol!   8)
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

ha, I already watched it when I saw the notification on YT minutes ago :anigrin:

Congratz on 100 subs, that's a nice number :) even though it took a bit of time to get there.. :gnehe:

The last part of the vid reminded me very much of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. when you go into the Zone to collect artefacts.

fragger

So you don't actually start inside the Vault? I thought you did, like in other FO games. Interesting that you can get to see the bomb fall, if you so choose.

It appears though that the "blast zone" is only the blast radius, not the fire radius... You took some pretty heavy rads when you went back to the spot where you got nuked. lol, I felt an impulse to hit my "-" key at that point (the hotkey to which I've assigned my "Radaway" in 4).

In FO4, during the beginning sequence when I got out of my house, I tried running in different directions than the one you're supposed to take, to see what would happen. What would happen was I would get nuked. Who knew? :gnehe: I made it halfway across the bridge once before I became a shadow of my former self.

Congrats on gaining 100 YT subscribers, nice O0

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys!

To answer Fragger's questions, you do start in the vault like other Fallout games, it is after the war, but only something like 25 years so this game actually takes place early on in the Fallout "lore". Your job is to rebuild and get civilization back up and running again. Plus finding the silos holding the last nuclear missiles, that is the main "overseer" quest line I think. Once that is done, you can launch your own nuclear bomb on a certain area for various reasons. The main story reason is to kill the scorch beast queen, or make her weak enough to fight, I'm not sure, I'm nowhere near getting to that part of the story. So, this bomb was launched by a player who has access to nuclear missiles. This happens usually once or twice a session, depending on the other players in the lobby at the time, of course. I've seen four or five go off in less than 15 minutes. From what I have gathered, there are a couple reasons to do this, one is to fight the scorch beast, the other is to be able to gather the rare resources that result from a nuclear strike. These are used to build high level weapon and armor mods.

You are given plenty of warning to leave the area as you hear at the beginning of the video, the launch is announced and you can look at the map to see where it's going to land and if you need to relocate. This one just happened to be close to my camp, so I went for a look. I suppose they can be used to grief other players, one of the few ways that you can in the general portion of the game. If someone is AFK and not paying attention, you could nuke the area they are in and kill them. I don't know if there is a penalty or reward for doing that, beyond being able to pick up their scrap they've dropped when they died, which you can see me go pick up after I respawn. At that time, I had no power armor or a hazmat suit so I couldn't go into the blast zone without taking a lot of radiation damage.
D_B

PZ

fragger

Thanks D_B, now I get it. I won't go on about it here any further - we have a topic about the whys and wherefores of 76 already :anigrin: I was just curious.

Dweller_Benthos

No problem, fragger!

And thanks, PZ!
D_B

mandru

Your vid was pretty cool D_B and congrats on hitting 100 subscribers.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

do you think "400" subs is something worth mentioning? My channel just hit that mark. I think it looks nice.

PZ

Very good AB - congratz!  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

cheers, PZ :)

With over 230k views and 400 subs in roughly 2.5 years total (including the 0/0 start period lol) I'm enjoying my channel and the interaction with my audience.

fragger

Very cool achievement, Art O0 :)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Congrats! Yeah that's a nice round number. I'm up to 125 or so, last I checked. Like I've said, if I put some effort into it I could probably increase the number a bit faster but it's not something I'm really going to spend time doing.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳