Yep - you guessed it - Far Cry 6!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 13, 2020, 03:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I'll just leave this here:

Giancarlo Esposito plays the "bad guy" I've always liked him as an actor, hopefully he'll have some good stuff in this one. Also hopefully they will leave behind the drug episodes but don't count on it and I guess the world ending story line of the last one is being ignored, unless this happens before that one does?. I wonder if Hurk will make an appearance though?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

the graphics in that vid are amazing.

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Meh, not interested, but maybe Upay+ is the best way to test it. Speaking of Oh, Ubisoft!, several excutives have left the company over the revelation of a toxic and abusive w0#k culture. Which have been in the spotlight for other companies too. Of course, Yves said he have no tolerance of such practices, but come on. Should have taken care of that before it exploded.

I saw the pre-order page and the Collector's Edition have a full sized flamethrower replica   :laughsm:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I'm not pre-ordering, but most likely will get it as long as preliminary videos and streams don't indicate something horrendously bad in the game.

But a full sized flame thrower? That is tempting. LOL, no, not really, but a season pass would probably be something I'd go for.

It would be nice though if they had several characters to choose from for the player like FC2 did, but with voice acting and the number of dialog lines that would need, that's probably not something that will ever happen again. At least they are allowing gender choice, as it is, that doubles the voice acting needed already.
D_B

LinkHero

Saw the trailer, was interested. Not, preordering, though. I don't need a flamethrower replica, thanks. With my luck, I would get arrested because some neighbour saw it through an open window and thought I was planning something.  ;)

The villain looks interesting. After the mega-flop weird antagonist i.e Joseph Seed, someone who could take an active role in antagonising their country would be good. Of course, they would be compared to Troy Baker's Pagan Min, who was as charismatic as he was crazy eccentric, and Vaas, who was missing a lot of tools in the shed, but equally as charismatic. I look forward to this guy's performance as El Presidente of Yara.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

BinnZ

LOL, Far Cry 6! LMAO!

I will stay the hell away from this :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I always thought the "villains" in the games were more interesting than the "heroes", especially Far Cry 3. Though I suppose that's a game design decision, as the player is supposed to take on the role and fill it in with their own role-play as it were. I'm just glad they are getting voice actors for it, the silent hero type of all the other games like this is a bit weird to me. I know the excuse is the same, the player is supposed to fill that in with their role-play voice, either out loud (which always struck me as a bit weird too) or in their heads. Me, I'd rather have the hero have a voice like in Fallout 4, the silent ones in the previous games just seem strange to me.

Of course, having it be silent also saves them tons of money on voice acting, so it's a good excuse when they want to cut corners in development.

Like I said, Giancarlo Esposito is a great actor, I think he'll bring a lot to the role. We shall see.
D_B

Art Blade

agree on the voiceless player characters, I too found "the silent type" kind of really strange.

fragger

Here's the opening/credits sequence. I'll be waiting until I learn more about it before deciding whether to get it, but I do have to say this is a terrific intro sequence:

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool. I wonder what the red mist/spray is? Defoliant? Some kind of (I hope not) drug? I really hope they tone down or even eliminate the drug sequences in this one.
D_B

nex

Yep, that looks like drugs, see the guy with the gas mask   :banghead:
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳