Sniper Elite 4

Started by PZ, August 02, 2020, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Has anyone played this game, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I've heard of the series, and the xray kill shot cam is a little overdone if you ask me, does it do that every time? That might be annoying after a while. But the biggest stumbling block for me is it looks like it's third person, so I never looked into it too much. Looks really nice though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Me and Art have played sniper elite V2, which was really good. Then came SE 3, in Africa, which was a let down to me. The areas weren't as strategically interesting and the gameplay got repetitive. The graphics were also disappointing imo. Think they wanted to quickly equal their success, milking their sniper cow. I did not complete 3. I skipped 4 entirely. It came out shortly after 3, so probably nothing really new. If you haven't played V2, I'd suggest you pick that one. It is a game easy to master and quite entertaining. Their way of slomo bullet animations really makes you feel like a master, and there are hardly any stupid, overly complicated parts. No boss fights. And a good environmental design of a devastated Berlin.
You can easily change difficulty settings to your likings, even configure bullet drop and wind effects on or off.
SE 4 might be better than 3. In fact the gameplay should be good and the environment seems interesting. Coastal Italy if I'm not mistaken? Would feel like the better area for sniping legends ;)
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

About the kill cam; I think it only does that on good shots, like hitting the head, the liver, the heart. But you can also toggle that off. However, your approach will always be really sniperish. Distant and relatively unnoticed. If you play it right you won't feel like you loose time during a slomo kill cam
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Apart from predecessors, I played SE 3 as well. I didn't finish it either, which is unusual for me. Apart from being VERY linear, it also consisted of non-sniper action a lot, like sneaking around, close quarters combat in enemy camps and stuff like that.. it was one of the last shooters I played. I'm no longer into those war and combat games.

PZ

Thanks for the insight gents  :thumbsup:

I played Sniper V2 and found it kind of fun because of the war torn landscape, and the graphics in this version appear to be quite good.

I left the war games as well, but recently I have been watching WWII movies, and remembered the Sniper series. I can get it for less than $20 at Amazon, so I might go for it - not sure yet.

nex

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on August 02, 2020, 09:12:36 AM
Yeah I've heard of the series, and the xray kill shot cam is a little overdone if you ask me, does it do that every time? That might be annoying after a while. But the biggest stumbling block for me is it looks like it's third person, so I never looked into it too much. Looks really nice though.

I'm with you there D_B, the kill shot don't interest me at all, I played the first version they introduced the x-ray kill shot for
a while but lost interest.
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

PZ, 20$ Seems a lot to me, for a remake game that is already 3 years old, however.... i checked the steam price and believe it or not, the game stil does a freaking 59 euro's there!!!
So maybe it is a good bargain after all. The reviews on steam are 'very positive' Meininger that the game gotta be at least good enough. Nevertheless.... sniper 3 also ranks 'very good', lol
I would never buy from Amazon, but that's just me. I would neither pay 59 euro's for the game, so it's up to you. If you don't mind kissing Besoz *bleep* go for it  :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

PZ

I know; $20 does seem like quite a bit for an older game, and I cannot believe that it is still sold for full retail at places like Gamestop.

PZ

Well, I started playing, and it is definitely like SE3, but the graphics are better and it is set in Italy. Still, it is quite a bit of fun and reminds me a bit of the Uncharted series (which I like).

Quite linear, but I kind of like the war games - I recall another linear one, Band of Brothers Hells Highway which I also enjoyed.

nex

PZ

Thanks nex! So far, so good. At least I'm not concerned about encountering a "boss"  :gnehe:

nex

You're sure  ???  there must be a boss, there's always a boss......  :anigrin: 

BinnZ

Have fun PZ! Nice that you found a game of your liking again :)
"No hay luz"

PZ

Quote from: nex on August 13, 2020, 11:40:01 PM
You're sure  ???  there must be a boss, there's always a boss......  :anigrin:

:D :thumbsup:

Quote from: BinnZ on August 14, 2020, 12:17:33 AM
Have fun PZ! Nice that you found a game of your liking again :)

Thanks BinnZ! My problem is that I lose interest so fast - among games that I wish to return to are Wildlands, more of the AC series, Uncharted, and Just Cause 3 and 4 (modified). There are probably more  :banghead:

I probably need to see if there is a "gamer's anonymous" group to join.  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳