Yep - you guessed it - Far Cry 6!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 13, 2020, 03:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Well, he could still be wearing a gas mask if it was defoliant, you don't want to breathe that in! We shall see I suppose.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I could live with the drug stuff, but it is definitely not my favorite. A deal breaker for me would be any kind of ridiculous boss.

fragger

Same, PZ.  A drug- and boss-free affair would be nice.

I think that spraying-stuff is supposed to be defoliant. From what little I've gleaned, the baddie of the piece is probably wiping out people's legit crops to force them into growing drug ones, like coca or something.

I don't care if he manufactures drugs, as long as I don't have to take any :gnehe:

LinkHero

Quote from: fragger on July 19, 2020, 04:45:57 PM
I don't care if he manufactures drugs, as long as I don't have to take any :gnehe:
Or burn down any, FC3, FC4, (and probably FC5; I haven't played that yet) both had dubstep-fueled drug field burning missions, and I, for one have had quite enough of those. Sadly, if FC6 does include drug plantations, then there will be one mission with a theme which is basically
"Here's a flamethrower.
It sprays lots of fire.
Go burn down the drugs."

PostScript: my haiku writing skills are improving!!  :anigrin:
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there is that, it's like they added new flame graphics and fire spread routines and needed something to use it on, and thought, "Hey, I know! Let's have the player burn down fields of drugs, and of course, the fumes make them high!"
D_B

BinnZ

Quote from: LinkHero on July 20, 2020, 04:07:30 AM
Or burn down any, FC3, FC4, (and probably FC5; I haven't played that yet) both had dubstep-fueled drug field burning missions, and I, for one have had quite enough of those. Sadly, if FC6 does include drug plantations, then there will be one mission with a theme which is basically
"Here's a flamethrower.
It sprays lots of fire.
Go burn down the drugs."

PostScript: my haiku writing skills are improving!!  :anigrin:
Good one LinkHero! Kudo for the haiku :thumbsup: :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

I will see Digital Foundry's tech analysis of it, as I am curious into how the game will take advantage of the next gen hardware. Being a cross-gen title, I guess the old consoles will hold it back one way or another
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I might like the large size of the game which includes beaches, jungle, and of course the big city. Of course, I'll wait until legitimate game play videos are posted.

Dweller_Benthos

I would guess you would have access to the whole island from the start, at least I hope so, the last couple games let you do that. No more splitting the map in two and blocking access to half of it until a certain point in the story. It's still a long way off, a lot of things can change in a year.
D_B

PZ

I hope you're correct, D_B  :thumbsup:

Unlocking parts of the mao until you reach a certain level or have completed a certain mission was a hallmark of the Assassin's Creed games, which was an element that I did not like - never was able to understand how anyone would think that is entertaining.

Tags:
🡱 🡳