Hash brown "pizza"

Started by PZ, February 12, 2017, 05:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Ah nice. Potatoes are usually either served boiled or mashed here.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Try some variations - you'll be pleasantly surprised. For example, day before yesterday I made twice baked potatoes:

• Wash potatoes and bake until tender, let cool to warm. Sometimes I rub the potato skins with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Kosher salt
  • Slice each potato lengthwise in half and scoop out most of the potato, leaving a small shell inside the skin
  • Mix the potatoes you scooped out with bacon, cheddar and Romano cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and anything else you think will taste good with potato
  • Fill the empty potato skins with the mixture and return to the oven until the potatoes are nicely browned on top
  • Ready to eat - you eat the entire thing, skin and all

Everything tastes better with potato  :main_glasses:

Art Blade

says the man from the potato state.  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

However, potatoes are very common over here. We have LOADS of different ways of cooking them and many, many recipes. We know something like hash browns over here, too.

I like the idea of potato filled with potato, though  :anigrin:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 16, 2017, 09:23:31 AM
says the man from the potato state.  :anigrin:

:laughsm:  :thumbsup:

Ironically, when I first moved to Idaho long ago, we could not purchase Idaho potatoes in the store - they were all for export.

PZ

Glad to see you have your avatar back, GKID  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Thank you, nice to be here :) What will happen to the old forum?

Decided to change it to a new one :gnehe:

PZ

The old forum will remain as an archive for all of us to refer to - we will have links between the old and the new to make it easy to navigate. Eventually the old site will be closed to posting and registration, so the spambots will need to go elsewhere.  O0

LowPolyOWG

PZ

My wife is planning a "paint night" event in which a close friend meets at our place this morning for a painting event. The theme this time is springtime flowers. The local arts and crafts place offers an online painting event that guides watchers through creation of their masterpiece. We've done these a couple of times through the pandemic and they are always fun.

Today I  plan to make this dish as an appetizer along with a cheese and Charcuterie plate. It is a beautiful sunny day albeit cold in the mid 30F degrees, but it promises to be a fine day of relaxation.

Art Blade

PZ

We had a great time yesterday with a good friend, painting our masterpieces, and of course, food and drink.

It was a fine way to spend a wonderful sunny day. We finished at about noonish and then went outside to do a bonfire. I've a gallery in mind to show the progress of our spring cleanup  O0

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

🡱 🡳