4th of July, 2014

Started by PZ, May 10, 2017, 10:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

you guys are probably going to like this  :)

fragger

Yep, one of the best car-chase sequences ever. Great movie too. McQueen was the king of cool :thumbsup:

Sidenote: Bullitt was about the only movie I've ever seen where a character actually gets out of his car and LOCKS THE BLOODY DOOR! Also, McQueen doesn't get a parking space right outside his house in Frisco. He has to park up the road a bit and on the other side. Don't see that very often in movies - they always get to park right outside where they want to go :gnehe:

Art Blade

McQueen was very keen on getting this film right as to "realistic" -- they used the real medical staff when filming in a hospital and all that. However, the VW Beetle that kept popping up in almost every scene in the clip above is not exactly realistic.. the muscle cars go full throttle downhill and the beetle is already there, ready to be passed. :anigrin:

nex

Quote from: fragger on May 19, 2017, 06:10:18 PM
You bugger :anigrin:

nexor, indeed, I remember the Monaros well :) I love some of the muscle cars from the 70s. Maybe not as technologically sophisticated as the cars of today, but so what - they had soul, and they ripped O0

Another popular Aussie-made car in the early 70s was the VH Valiant Charger. This was built by Chrysler Australia, so I think there was the same design in the States (I'm fuzzy on that). But at least they were built here, not imported. Major Aussie manufacturing is almost dead now (thanks, pollies).

This is a classic 1971 R/T model, much beloved by petrol-heads nationwide:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Those were very popular in SA fragger, if I'm not mistaken they had the 3.6 slanted six engines
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Cool car, nex  :thumbsup:  Looks similar to the Plymouth Barracuda, 1969 sold in the U.S, some of which were equipped with the 426 Hemi.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳