Watch Dogs

Started by nex, October 01, 2020, 12:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

Not bad looking and a lot of ways to do pretty much anything.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I like the Watchdog series. The first one was the best for me with the game play, but the second version had many more features. The only problem with the second version for me is that it appears to be geared more for kids than for adult gamers.

PZ

Well, Watchdogs 3 (Legion) is out now and the game play videos look good. However I need to do more research into the potential for timed events, which might be a deal breaker for me.

LowPolyOWG

Also, typical UBI*bleep*, the game crashes people's Xboxes and PC performance is poor
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Not good to hear  :undecided-new:

I think I'll wait awhile until the snow hits and I have the time to see what is happening to others, and what their experiences are.

LowPolyOWG

I saw one impression video, the game is your typical Ubisoft game. The idea of multiple characters in interesting, but it conflicts with the narrative in some areas.

PZ

I don't really appreciate the ability to play as anyone, and at best for me it appears to be a novelty that will soon begin to bore me. My favorite is still the first version of the game, and I wish they had not started to pander to the kids playing rather than the adults.

PZ

I just noticed that Watchdogs Legion is on sale for $29 (and change). I think I'll take a chance and get it because the graphics look so good. Playing as anyone on the street might be kind of funny.  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Wonder how it it will perform on PS4. At the moment, some patches have been released to adress bugs.

Also, silly Ubisoft made some settings hidden in the configuration files on PC

PZ

Sometimes it feels like game companies do their best to offer the greatest number of patches in the shortest amount of time  :-X

I hope it runs well. So far I have not been disappointed in the video quality nor game mechanics while on the console. I hope it is the same for this game.

LowPolyOWG

Rather than focusing on quality during the pandemic, some game companies have decided to rush out their product  :banghead:

Microsoft delayed Halo Infinite to 2021 after negative feedback from the gameplay trailer and that Halo would receive patches post-launch to enable current gen tech (notably ray tracing and optimizations for the Xbox Series X).

This year's Call of Duty release is a buggy mess in some areas and bricks people's consoles. I wonder if the devs worked overtime hours from home, just so Bobby "Devil" Kotick can buy another yacht/fire more employees for more $$$ in his pockets  >:(

Anyway, UBI*bleep* announced delays to their titles coming next year (Far Cry 6 and R6 Quarantine expansion).

PZ

Interesting thoughts, and entirely consistent with the corporate business model  :banghead:

nex

Bargain bin ???   so soon  :main_shocked2:
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

It's Ubiquitous bargain for sure :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳