GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: I assume MrBoss need the YT commercial money ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

:bigsmile:

This is your thing OWGKID! 8)

Looks promising. Bunkers indeed, as many expected. No aircraft carriers, I'm afraid. And it seems as if this business opportunity is available for every VIP, CEO or MC President. That is kind of nice of R*, not to discriminate one of the former business models.

Still, if this is all, I would be rather disappointed after the long waiting. But I guess more details will follow soon ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

I think it is quite surprising and nice that after that long a time the game's been out, they still keep adding free DLC.

BinnZ

Yes indeed. And likely they will continue doing so for a few more years. GTA O seems to be a VERY good earning model :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

when it was released, it was THE bestseller of all times. Not sure if it still is, but that's possible.

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

:) you can also check wiki for more which is what I did back then

QuoteWithin 24 hours of its release, Grand Theft Auto V generated more than $800 million in worldwide revenue, equating to approximately 11.21 million copies sold for Take Two. The numbers nearly doubled analysts' expectations for the title. Three days after release, the game had surpassed one billion dollars in sales, making it the fastest selling entertainment product in history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gtav#Commercial_performance

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

So, a quick calculation means that by now, with roughly 80 million copies sold, R* must've made roughly 5 billion dollars on vanilla game sales only. And although no sales are known for the shark card business, I think that is exactly what keeps GTA O alive for so long. I actually am really curious how much money R* made so far by selling shark cards I just did a quick search on the topic; seems that R* made half a billion on shark cards by April last year. Another site states that R* is making 700 million a year on shark card sales. Anyway, big money is involved. And all they do is release some extra content ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

And Take Two can please their shareholders :)

PZ

Interesting use of a video game to create a feature-length movie with the Terminator series as the theme

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

BinnZ

Just so you know; if you do something for R* (providing cool ingame music) R* does something for you :)

Already checking what might be cool to visit this summer 8)

Mount Kimbie in Amsterdam on july the 1st, nice! ;)
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳