GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

You can probably join Binnatics and his friends, the Gunrunning update is released today. R* have also began to remove hacked money received from hackers  :bigsmile: Will login when I come home from w0#k and check if I have been deducted 35 million from my character's pocket.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I hope they haven't deducted your account, too  :o

LowPolyOWG

I notified Rockstar about the 35 million I got from a player. Haven't deposited anything of that ;) The rest is earned through CEO grinding/Shark Cards (They were on 30% off + a 40% rebate soo).

Dweller_Benthos

So is that what that 2.2 GB was it downloaded? Guess I'll have to bring the portable hard drive into w0#k, as it's way to big to fit on my USB thumb drive.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Well, Rockstar removed 35 million from my bank rather than the pocket (I guess it's much easier to do that). So I was able to add the modded money into my bank account C:-)

Lot's of stuff added, more ammo types for the MK2 guns (explosive ammo/incendiary ammo/armour piercing/hollow points). I am definitely going for the explosive/incendiary ammo given my love to kill pixels with fire :evil2: :anigrin:

Title update 1.40

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 13, 2017, 07:54:01 AM
So is that what that 2.2 GB was it downloaded?

Damn, and the other week I spent over an hour waiting for the last couple of DLCs to come down... Seems like every time I decide to have an occasional dip into this game, R* puts out another whopping download :banghead: It's great for the GTAO gamers, but kinda sucks for we infrequent SP types.

LowPolyOWG

Must be R*/Take Two's investing heavily into GTA Online. Shark cards have earned R*/Take Two a lot of money. It could be difficult to implement new story missions as you have 3 different endings. Not sure if they wanted to create a ton of new missions for all 3 endings.

Art Blade

SP story mode is absolutely over when you're through. Free roaming remains, however.

LowPolyOWG

Decided to test Gunrunning. It's similar to the Bikers missions, you either steal (grind supplies) or buy them.
The M.O.C (Mobile Operations Center) is a fully customizable semi-truck which you can weaponize. A gun range is also present and w0#k somewhat similar to the SP one. Bunkers works like the office, you can drive to it and loose your wanted level ??? They are quite cheap, 1.1-2.3 million.

Researchs can either be bought (225 000$) or you can have the game "craft" them for you. Bunkers can be upgraded with security/personell/product quality. You can select your priorities, either research or just supplies or both at the same time. There are a total of 45 research abilities.

To unlock missions, you need to do 14 resupply runs in total. The amouth of necessary items to collect, seems to scale with players in your organization this time :bigsmile:

Created a solo session with me and Pixel and went on a turreted semi-truck rampage  :anigrin: :evil2:

The following weapons support MK2 conversion: Assault Rifle (AK-47), Carbine Rifle, SMG (MP5), Pistol, Combat MG and Heavy Sniper.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

MOC vs cops :anigrin:

MK2 Pistol

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 13, 2017, 07:54:01 AMSo is that what that 2.2 GB was it downloaded? Guess I'll have to bring the portable hard drive into w0#k, as it's way to big to fit on my USB thumb drive.
Quote from: fragger on June 13, 2017, 08:03:35 PMSeems like every time I decide to have an occasional dip into this game, R* puts out another whopping download :banghead:

Today I fired up steam and three games were queued for downloading some stuff.

Payday 2: 2.8 GB
Space Engineers: 45.7 MB
Killing Floor 2: 5.5 GB

Total: 8.3 GB

Time downloads were initiated: 9:22PM
Time downloads were finished: 9:52PM
Total Download Time: 30 Minutes.
Peak Download Speed: 47.1 Mbps

And I found waiting for the downloads to finish a tad annoying.

<runs away screaming, dodging thrown objects>

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm: You don't have to wait for updates to install, you can make Steam do this in the background while you're playing ;)

Art Blade

thanks, I knew that. But if you're downloading AND watching YT vids, neither of those activities is actually getting any better doing them simultaneously. Plus the disk is working and if you're using anything on the same disk, reading and writing also slows down anything that tries to access that same disk. So I much rather let steam finish the downloads before I do anything that is disk-intensive or download-intensive.

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on June 14, 2017, 01:07:33 PM
Space Engineers: 45.7 MB

And I found waiting for the downloads to finish a tad annoying.

<runs away screaming, dodging thrown objects>

Space Engineers has had 30-40MB updates pretty much every other day for the last couple weeks. Sometimes two a day, as in, I download the update at w0#k, bring it home, only to find it's updated again and the update I have on the thumb drive is no longer any good. grrrr.

Oh, and throws old 300 baud dial up modem at Art's head. Better duck fast, ever see one of those?

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳