GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Yes. Anything except for story progress is saved. Say, if you host the game, you will advance in the story. I will only earn XP, loot and money ;) And vice versa if I host :)

It's like GTA Online's Heist setups, I don't lose money/RP if I leave your setup missions.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Well that's acceptable. You could still agree on playing the whole story together, just make sure you time well. Actually cool. But I hope there's something serious to do cooperatively. Often game design like that often gives simply the same gameplay as a single player walkthrough, which would be a little lame, since there's no point in doing stuff together. except for freeing outposts together maybe. However, maybe they invented something cool where you can take the role of one of these companions.
"No hay luz"

fragger

Fair enough about FO4, BinnZ :) Just thought I'd "suggest" it (i.e. blather on about it :gnehe:)

FC5 might just do the trick, then :thumbsup: Another six weeks or so until launch, though.

What to play in between... I dunno - solitaire? :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

I am messing around in Kyrat for the moment :gnehe: The campaign missions are much easier, seeing how I got the best weapons before I am supposed to :D

BinnZ

Quote from: fragger on February 13, 2018, 03:51:38 PM
What to play in between... I dunno - solitaire? :huh-new:

Was that another try, fragger? :huh-new:

:anigrin:

I'm currently playing DiRT Rally, which I am heavily enjoying. And still need to pull that last Criminal Mastermind trick in GTA O. However, in six weeks I'm afraid I won't have my new GPU, so I'll have to hold it up a little longer I'm afraid. Maybe indeed solitaire in the end :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

PZ

I have Dirt, but have not played it much - will need to dive in one of these days

BinnZ

DiRT Rally is tough, it's more of a sim than other (recent) DiRT titles, but it's definitely worth it. It takes a while to get accustomed with the controls. You really need to bite through the sour apple before you get a hang of it, but don't worry you'll eventually get the feeling for the cars and the mechanics. Likely best to use a controller. Art is using a wheel, I don't have neither controller nor wheel and do it all on keyboard. First I thought the game is too tough for keyboard steering since you lack the ability to dose both gas and steering but it is still doable. When rally racing you're mostly driving top power anyway.  :)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

I watched Art playing it once. Looked quite hard ;)

Art Blade

it is, and I can't believe how good Bin is with only a bloody keyboard. He's a natural :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

State Tax refund

Really? So I should spend 10 million to get 1 million back :huh-new:

BinnZ

Since January the 10th I have been chasing the last locked achievement in GTA. It consists of 3 in-game challenges, which means you have to complete the Doomsday Heist without anyone dying, on hard difficulty and some other minor things. One challenge requires to do it with just 2 players, the others with 3 and with 4 players.
I completed the one with 2 players on January the 14th. The one with 3 players on February the 10th. The third, with 4 players, took us until today.
Today we decided it's been enough and gave up. We have spent literally hundreds of hours, 3 to 4 evenings a week, and most of the times we failed because one of us disconnected during our try. We also died, but recently the disconnections got worse. It was too frustrating. I never gave up on an achievement when I put myself to getting it. This is the first time. And still there's a tiny voice in my head saying I will return soon to complete the job. But I have no idea how. They will seriously have to w0#k on their servers, cloud saving or whatever is causing the bugs.

Today I feel sad about this. But soon I will probably be glad we took this decision together. Anyway, here's a big shoutout to my team, which is the best team I've played the Doomsday Heist with:

MiscoBrzojebic, Nomad_1 and SonnyForelli88, thank you. Thank you for all the time and effort we put to this, and thank you for the good times we had, despite the frustrations on these disconnection issues.

:main_bow: :main_bow: :main_bow:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

O0

That's quite the perseverance there :o :main_bow:

Art Blade

The blame is to put on Rockstar's so-called support who failed to sort out the inexplicable loss of progress that threw you and your crew back every time you thought you'd finally got it, and indeed on Rock$tar themselves who literally made millions selling the game to their customers and then kept pushing content that wasn't so much enhancing the gaming experience but ensuring a constant flow of cash with shark cards. Once I realised what they're really up to, just making more money without actually caring about the customer's needs, I more and more lost interest and finally retired from GTA. I know first hand what they're like, their pseudo customer care and the muppets hired as "support" which is about on par with the "support" clown crew of UBIshit. These days, indie games are more promising than those dollar machines.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. R* haven't bothered to make the MP stuff available in SP. This makes me worried for RDR2 somewhat. However, R* released GTA V three times, first on last gen, then current gen (PS4/Xbox One) and finally, after three delays, on PC... The MP mode is definitely designed around forking cash over for Shark Cards and a MMO like grind. I think R* pioneered the "live service" model for UBI*bleep**bleep*, EA, Konami and other "AAA" studios ::) :banghead:

Tags:
🡱 🡳