GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I don't much care for driving games like Dirt or Gran Turismo (although I did try), and while I loved the map and general features in GTA, it was mostly a driving game to me, so I never did finish it. Same with Watchdogs. Seems like I always favor the combat games like FC and AC.

As to support, I have been fortunate enough not to need to contact them so far, but you gents horror stories leave me with the feeling that if a game goes south, I'll just abandon it rather than raise my blood pressure dealing with support.

Art Blade

same here, after all I had gone through, I don't want to go through it again, ever.

BinnZ

Please guys, don't make this a R* rant. I didn't want it to be like that. They made the best game ever, and despite many flaws and the urge of making money, they will always be my number one game designers. The ticket I wrote to R* support about our issues got many replies from their end. And although most responds were standard and not helping our case, they did pay at least some attention to our trouble.
My last reply yesterday was one begging for the achievement, pointing out how hard we'd worked and how hollow their solutions were. But today I replied again. I asked them not to give me the achievement. I feel worthy now without it. I know I got what it takes, and so does my crew. So I asked them to put their time and effort into true maintenance.
It's better to accept a failure than to beg for victory. That reminds me of a quote I recently read on a book title, one that actually fights that long lasting Vaas statement of insanity:
"Failing,
Failing again,
Always failing better!"

Insanity is what makes the world go round.
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Any company can be criticized fairly though. I think R* still created an immersive/ambitious game world, despite their technical challenges they had to overcome.
Personally, I don't think GTA V triumph above everything in the gaming industry, but it's definitely the best within it's series/genre. Yes, it's definitely flawed in some areas, but that doesn't make it less fun. Okay, other than nitpicking onto small details (texture quality/models etc) the game definitely brings out the best of GTA yet. I do believe the majority of their senior Online programmers are busy with RDR2 and I assume the core part of R*'s game engineers/game designers are already pre-producing GTA VI and maybe toying around with the PS5.

I am not a fan in how they handled the gameplay loop of GTA Online, lots of improvements to be done there. Again, I haven't seen anything like GTA Online's world done in a game outside of the typical MMO genre. So, it's definitely a technical lesson to be learned from that and I hope R* improve this further with RDR2/GTA VI.

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

AB have been busy cleaning up his garage. I joined his sessions a couple of times and had some fun :evil2: :gnehe:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Blind fire :gnehe: Looks like my character got a strong right hand ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I still thought objects stuck within eachother was/is an Ubisoft-only iconic feature ::) :laughsm:

How to finish a gang attack with a free-fall :gnehe:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

PZ

I wish UBI*bleep* had the programming talent to develop something like this for their games, like the FC and AC series. I'd be playing for a long, long, time. Unfortunately UBI*bleep* is still stuck in the last decade when the novelty of video games was still in it's infancy.

FC5 draws me in to the environment, but having completed the game, I am not encouraged at all to return because there is nothing new to do. It may technically be a very large map, but in my opinion Origins is now the best game they have developed.

[/rant]

LowPolyOWG

That's Ubification for you!  ::)

Spoiler
THANK GOD FOR ME

- Jim Sterling

LowPolyOWG

Anyway, with AB being on GTA V now, we did some missions together :gnehe: With the help my golden tank, we made some money. AB was also kind enough to tell me how he exploited some of the stuff in game. Notably finishing off missions, by knowing enemy spawns and thinking smart 8) O0

I like how gunfire leaves the room filled with smoke.

This is in the mechanic's office. I guess R* thought: "Hey, what can players do here, if they decide to uhh... kill the mechanic?" "Let's put this office here"

A torch. Disguised as a human. :evil2:

:huh-new:

No, not how this was supposed to be done :laughsm:

After parking the cars as tight as possible, we departed towards Simeon's HQ. And blew them up, with a well placed sticky bomb :)

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

A kamikaze Merryweather supply plane :laughsm:

Art Blade

I watched the parts of it come raining down like an umbrella :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

:gnehe:

Killing the barber doesn't make it possible for you to use weapons in the barber shops. Unless the cops shoots you. In this case, I blocked the door, so nobody could get in :evil2:

Tags:
🡱 🡳