LowPolyOWG

We left it out for privacy reasons ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

it was recorded with voice. Only we never spoke.

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

So, you all had web cams and used sign language? Or just could read facial expressions really well?

I had a bit of a weird time last night. I was just tooling around in my car, getting driving skill, and testing out the new engine and a quest popped up for something about grabbing a briefcase (or something) and holding on to it as long as possible. So I started to chase the person who had it, and that was pretty fun, chasing him all over the place until I cornered him and got the briefcase and held onto it for all of 11 seconds until I was killed. Then it started to get weird. I respawned a couple times in the same area which was out in the desolate northern part of the map when all of a sudden I respawned back in the city after dying again. Then I tracked down the new person with the briefcase and was promptly shot by them. I tried the rocket launcher, sniper rifle and even got a chance to empty at least half a clip from the machine gun into him and he would not die. I figured I was either a bad shot or he had really good armor on or something, until someone else said in chat that this guy was cheating. I guess he had some kind invulnerability cheat going on or something. He killed me about 6 times before the timer on the mission ran out and I didn't care about it anymore. I didn't think at the time to report him but I think the other players probably did. Anyway, even with just my 11 seconds holding the briefcase, I got third place and some money for it, and aside from the jerk, it was fun.
D_B

Art Blade

we used to chat a lot while we were studying our roles until we could play it blindfolded without talking, sign language or any other noob interaction.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 09, 2018, 07:55:55 AMtooling around

well now, I keep learning new expressions on this forum. Or I may have found a typo, who knows. :anigrin:

And yep.. cheaters and hackers are exactly the type of players I prefer not to come across online, hence I prefer to play in "invite only" sessions.

Dweller_Benthos

Nope, "tooling around" is the saying, as in, just driving around going no place in particular.

The thing with invite only, you don't get the random pop up missions like that briefcase one, do you? I find that sort of thing the most enjoyable part of the game, just minding my own business when something exciting happens which I can participate in or ignore as I see fit.

I did run a solo deal breaker and took your advice to beat up people on the beach first, that was more fun than it should have been. Made some money too, not anything enormous, but over $1K just hitting people to get my stamina stat built up.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Those are called Freemode Events. Based on what you desribed it, you did Hot Property

Art Blade

D_B, cheers, I like the sound of "tooling around" so I'm glad it's actually an expression :)

Beating up people on the beach was more fun than it should have been? Never. It is supposed to be enjoyable, in an environment such as GTAV :anigrin: It's the best way of upping one's stats, better than most things that I've come across :gnehe:

I don't know about those events as I've disabled those messages. I played all the contact missions and never cared about public online events.

BinnZ

Some quick info on those Freemode Events; they will start to happen in your session as soon as there's 5 or more players. Doesn't matter whether it's public or private. Every 20 minutes another. They are good fun. I've done a lot of them, I particularly like Air Checkpoints. A quarter of the map is full of checkpoints; round yellow money tokens floating in the sky. Fly through it with a plane or a copter, or a yetpack if you have one, and for each you collect you get money and rp. And not just a silly little bit; it's profitable. You'll get a winning bonus if you collect the most, which isn't too difficult since most players suck at flying. I once managed to clear the field with some other players. We all got a bonus reward for that. I don't remember how much it was, maybe some 5k, but it was really awesome. There's a 120 total, and some are extremely high or just hard to get under a bridge.
You also have normal Checkpoints, which is basically the same idea, but now you have to be on foot or on / in a land vehicle. I prefer to do those with a fast bike such as the Akuma.

The Akuma btw is a very nice choice if you like more than the occasional bike ride. It's very nimble and has an excellent acceleration. The top speed is within the top 10, all in all a race winner in many occasions. If you steal it, it's for free. If you buy it, it's $9000,-
Although I've bought faster bikes now, worth over a million, this is still my favourite. I used it to complete some of the Elite challenges on the original heists, and now keep it as a trophy. I never changed its looks ever since.  :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on July 10, 2018, 10:35:30 AM
D_B, cheers, I like the sound of "tooling around" so I'm glad it's actually an expression :)

You can also use "tool" as an insult  :anigrin: It describes someone who doesn't understand they are used ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, "tool" can be used in many ways. Not sure the origin of "tooling around" though.

I've done one of those air checkpoints freemode missions as well. At the time, it seemed no one else on the server was interested, and since a chopper spawned right near me, I took the chance to make some money. If no one else plays, you'll always be first, right? lol

Thanks for the links, GKid, I see a few I've done, but one I did last night doesn't seem to be there, maybe it was a different kind. Anyway, it was something like pick up a package and deliver it, or some such. Maybe it was dead drop? Anyway, there were three marked on the map, and one had been picked up already and the other two were just sitting there so I went to grab one and couldn't figure out how to pick it up. Couldn't run over it with the car, walking did nothing, so I don't know. Then a player came along and shot at me so I blew up his car with the rocket launcher. I must have impressed him as he sent me one of those VIP invites.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Ah. He was doing CEO stuff, crate sourcing ;) If you want be rude, just blow them up :evil2: That's the only thing you can do, unless you're in an Organization/VIP thing

Dweller_Benthos

Thing is, I think he blew one up with something in his car, either he was using a rocket launcher from the car or the car was shooting them, that's why I shot back, then I went to the other crate and accidentally dropped a grenade on it.

Any idea why I couldn't pick them up? Is there a trick? I was trying various buttons, that's why I dropped the grenade on it.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Because it's another player's property ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳