GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 16, 2018, 08:59:38 AM
No really, just call a helicopter? I can crash those really good, just ask Art or Binn, lol. They'll tell you what happened when I tried to fly a jetpack.

:laughsm:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

actually, he did exceptionally well. We managed to play the hardest of all heists, the doomsday heist finale, with only three players instead of four. We assigned jobs so it made sense for all of us. Like, the hacking before the orbital cannon bit was his job because only Binn and I had mini guns so we protected him. As to the jetpack: keep in mind that any low level player has to cope with *bleep* handling as long as their piloting skill isn't fully developed. And without experience in flying helicopters (that includes 'which buttons do what' and 'how does that thing fly forward rather than up') plus the handicap of a low piloting skill, it is a LOT more difficult to fly a jetpack than it is for us rather advanced players. After erm, one, practice run, we breezed through the last part and had him cash in over one mil for a better future. :bigsmile:

BinnZ

Ye we had a smooth run! :)

About the helicopters, you can only 'order' a helicopter that spawns right next to you if you own it. Well, you can do it also without owning it, but it will cost you dearly every time you ask for it. When you own a  Pegasus vehicle (the one OWGKID is referring to is the Buzzard Attack Chopper) it will be delivered right next to you after ordering it for free in that Securoserv menu.

So if you ever start to like flying helicopters, make sure to buy the Buzzards Attack Chopper from the in-game Warstock Cage 'n Carry website. It costs 1.75 million but it's worth the ten fold. You will not only have it available in most missions and in free roam (Pegasus will deliver it on the nearest Air strip or helipad) but it also becomes available in the Securoserv menu for FREE, and if you order it there, it will be parked right next to you, as if you were ordering a car with your mechanic.
You will have access to your own Securoserv services once you become a CEO. But for that, you'll need an office. And those aren't cheap :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

to make it more simple: check the marina (where the beach ends, near LS airport) because there's a small helicopter airport. You can always steal helicopters there. And in the desert, that large air strip, there you'll find helicopters and planes, it's random. If you don't see what you like, drive away so the stuff can de- and respawn, like a lottery. That's how you start practicing, if you crash those vehicles, it won't cost you a penny.  :anigrin:

Speaking of pennies: always stash your cash. Meaning, if you run around with cash and die, you'll drop up to $500 but not more. Can be avoided by using your bank account.. ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah, I always deposit any cash I get as soon as possible.

I'll look into finding a helicopter to fly, I also see there's a flight school, not sure what that entails. It just seemed weird that nothing I did seemed to correspond to what the jetpack was doing. The helicopters in Far Cry are a lot easier to fly, that's for sure, just tilt forward and give it gas lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

The flight school will increase your flight stat for your character. Due to your low flying skill, flying will feel awkward ;)

Art Blade

even IF you know how to fly, low underdeveloped flying skills will make you feel as if you didn't. So get those stats up ;)

Dweller_Benthos

So is it better to do flight school or just random flying around, then flight school?
D_B

BinnZ

Try flight school. Your stats will rise by increasing your overall flying time, but the flight school will at the same time give you the opportunity to learn some basic skills.
About the effect of flying skill stats, I never noticed much difference, but I had flown hundreds of hours in earlier GTA games already, so I was quite experienced when this title came out. They didn't change the flight controls.
I understand that flying in FC is much easier, I've tried those planes and stuff there too. But once you manage the GTA controls, you will agree with me it gives a much better flying experience than the arcade-like FC controls. Becoming an experienced helicopter pilot in GTA IV made me want to fly a heli for real, it feels so good once you get a hang of it O0
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Most games in general tend to have arcady approaches to stuff.

Art Blade

because it would be a tad over the top if you had to acquire a pilot licence only to be able to move pixels around in a game.

BinnZ

Well, if you like to steer a helicopter as if it is a race car, UBI*bleep*'s your uncle :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

In Far Cry 5 there was the challenge to get a certain number of kills with a vehicle, and I got quite a few with the helicopter by flying low and hitting people with the rotors, so yeah, it's a tad easier over in UBI*bleep* land.

But last night in GTA I was just messing around mostly, and found you can watch other people who are on the server on the TV by changing the channel. So, I was wondering, do they know they are being watched? Is there a way for you to know if someone is watching you?

Oh, and what level do you have to be at to get the orbital cannon? Got creamed by that when I was out minding my own business.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳