GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah we had a bit of fun last night as I took out the goons guarding the car and they acted like normal NPCs and didn't care that I was killing everyone, well, until the cops showed up, but that was expected. Then Art took the car without any fuss except to get it past all the cop cars that had arrived on the scene to arrest me. If we do it again, I'd kill all the goons then run away to draw the cops from the area and leave the car wide open to being stolen with no opposition.

Then there was the issue with delivering the car and someone else followed the icon for the "deliver the goods" event and almost ruined the trip. But I jumped out and got him with the rocket launcher just as Art got away with the car. It may be a bit annoying, but it is the way the game is designed, the other players are notified of what you're trying to do and are encouraged to stop you. So even a player who wouldn't normally go messing around with other players doing things, might go after the marker on the map as just another random mission, and go for it. You really can't blame the other players as it's the game that's set up that way. But I took care of that guy then and twice more, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yep, and your help was much appreciated :)

Today G and I tried the same thing but I had tons of AI to fight off, despite G being around. So stealing is difficult still. The A-insurance still works when selling cars.

Today I had stolen a car that just blew up on me after some time, there was no speed defuse thingy so I didn't pay attention to what it was and I still don't know what it was.

I had to get a car from a swimming platform across Zancudo but I couldn't spot anyone with the thermal sights from my yacht. I parked it South of Zancudo. Maybe North would be better.

BinnZ

I don't know the exact location to park the yacht, actually I never used it. Too much hassle. I open the interaction menu and put it on snacks. Then I fly over and grab the car. I use snacks when they hit me hard. You can fully operate the heli while the i m is open.

Others were always very content with the yacht method. On the other hand the thermal sight might not have enough range to see the goons on the platform.
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

even when switching off thermal sight, I didn't see anything. And it would be strange to downgrade a scope on an upgraded MKII weapon but geez.. not going to find that out. I actually just flew over, ignored the goons, had a hard time picking up the car as it wouldn't hook on, and flew away with it. Not a scratch on me.

Something interesting for you should be: I actually acquired a forgery and it was on offer, lucky me. :anigrin: Now my club meets the requirements for one out of three special orders that need three different but always the same products. So I'll get a bonus now when a set number of each of all three products (weapons from the bunker, stuff from the forgery and some cargo from the hangar) is ready and then delivered as special order. It's quite an amount but I already got all transporters for the club (a massive truck, a custom mule, and the speedo van) so I'll be ready to ship that stuff. :gnehe:

I played some car and club missions with TerrZor, and he enjoyed it so much that he bought a club today O0

Also today, new stuff became available so I got my 2nd DJ, and oh man, I want that new car that looks like an old-timer RR. But damn, a lot of money I need. I was already back up to $1.3 million again and now I'm down to like $700k. It will come back up again :anigrin:

BinnZ

*bleep*, *bleep*, *bleep*!!!! I'm missing all the fun! 🙃

Hey, later this week they will release a clue to another lost relic, it will be a totem or something. Just like the 6 shooter. I'm so excited about that since it's probably a thing that will also appear in RDR2. Just like that revolver.
And i'm somewhat scared that I will miss out on it.
Anyway, no idea what it is, first I thought it might be a weapon from RDR, but a totem?!?

We'l See 😊
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

maybe it's something to clobber someone over the head with :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that was fun, I was hoping they would have more of that type of treasure hunt missions. Even if it's just getting some random money or something, it's the hunt that's fun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on July 31, 2018, 11:47:32 AM
Today G and I tried the same thing but I had tons of AI to fight off, despite G being around.

Yeah. I interfered with the police while Art stayed away in his helicopter. I decided to use my flare gun, which was, well, not the brightest idea when you have some grass next to the car :-X :laughsm: I hope that car didn't smelled burned metal/paint after that.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

something new I found out about the club: Those special orders vary.

I thought they'd stay the same but no. So essentially everything the club can produce can be part of a special order. There are always three different special orders and each order always comprises three products. The amount of each product varies, too.

Your tech guys in the basement can produce everything your active biker businesses can produce but the hangar for stolen goods and the bunker producing weapons count, too. In other words, it makes sense to have more storage room in your basement to keep hoarding products in order to meet the requirements of one of those random special orders. And I just expanded :anigrin:

BinnZ

I don't understand that... what is a special order? I mean what makes it special? And what's the benefit? Bigger payments or larger amounts of product? And why do you need 3 different businesses? And do the biker business warehouses really have to be active?

Sorry for all the questions but it's just very interesting, however until now I don't get it 😬
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

And how do I get it? What's required?
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Hmm, I just reread your post about the forgery, so does it w0#k like those car collections? As soon as you have what a specific buyer demands, you get a bonus? And the more product you have, the likeliest you will meet the requirements? That makes it actually stupid to have more than one biker business active, since then there will likely be more options for special demand, hence a smaller chance of meeting the requirements... right?

There's probably a lot to find out about those special orders. How the game picks them and how you best prepare for them 🙂
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳