Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I learned that from D_B.. :gnehe:

parking job
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

finally I got a special order. After that, I did the maths: there's only a measly 5% bonus for a special order compared to selling the stuff as is :angry-new:
Tony always gets a 10% cut so you can ignore that for now. In other words, my profit is best when using businesses that are not upgraded and therefore don't cost extra money. I'll keep the upgraded bunker shut down (when operational, it costs over $7k per day) so my remaining costs are some $4.5k, and that I already get from the nightclub's daily income of $10k max. The stuff being produced in the basement of the nightclub is now for free, so I keep raking in money and don't have any costs I'd have to cover with extra w0#k. Just a promotional job to keep the club's popularity maxed out and by that, securing those $10k per day and the occasional selling all goods when it's worth it like when there are like $200k and more of goods in the basement. The only real "money maker" is the vehicle warehouse and selling cars with about $80k profit each.

special order

BinnZ

Only 5% extra? Damn, that isn't much. I'd say put all your techies to produce the stuff from the hangar which doesn't give you any extra costs and *bleep* to the rest... any idea if there's difference in what ppl pay per product? Like for example is stuff related to the bunker more expensive than the stuff in copying and printing? I remember from the biker business that copying and printing gives you almost no money compared to the coke factory for example. How do normal selling missions go?  Can you just pick anything together and sell the whole bunch? Or can you only sell one specific product at the time? Maybe it pays off to find out what product gives you to most per piece (assuming that the time it takes to produce anything is always the same) and put everything on that type of product.

I'm not surprised that the real money making isn't happening in the club. First of all because it's passive income, second because R* wants to not make it too easy to fill your pockets 🙂 They did that twice already, with the pacific bank job and with import export. However, if we figure out how to make the most out of the club business, it's definitely a nice additional income 😎
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PMI'd say put all your techies to produce the stuff from the hangar
Well, that's not how it is: Just as a reminder, we had that covered here:
Quote from: BinnZ on August 02, 2018, 08:28:38 AMAnd there's no way you can influence what your tech guy is sourcing right?
Quote from: Art Blade on August 02, 2018, 08:46:12 AM
I can't assign more than one techie to one of those products.
So I can't do that.
Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PMthe hangar which doesn't give you any extra costs and *bleep* to the rest...
That's not the way I described it:
Quote from: Art Blade on August 10, 2018, 08:01:41 PMI'll keep the upgraded bunker shut down [...] so my remaining costs are some $4.5k, and that I already get from the nightclub's daily income of $10k max. The stuff being produced in the basement of the nightclub is now for free
That means, ONLY the bunker costs me. ALL of the other businesses are operational without costing me anything because they are not upgraded. Those $4.5k I mentioned are my TOTAL remaining costs that comprise the mechanic, the assistant, the nightclub staff and the costs for my houses and that stuff and I can't cut that down. While I used to get messages from the bunker when it was still operational ("you paid $7k for the bunker") I don't get that message anymore after shutting it down. None of the other businesses (weed, forgery, hangar) cost me extra money. So no, I won't shut down the forgery or the weed farm.
Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PM
any idea if there's difference in what ppl pay per product? Like for example is stuff related to the bunker more expensive than the stuff in copying and printing? I remember from the biker business that copying and printing gives you almost no money compared to the coke factory for example.
You can actually see for yourself if you check the screenshot of the previous post: Sporting Goods (bunker) 6/40 sell for $30,000. Printing and Copying (forgery), 20/24, sell for $20,000. So, obviously there is a difference in what people pay per product. And just to make sure: 6/40 means I got 6 Sporting Goods units to sell for $30k while there is room for 40 units in the warehouse under the nightclub and another 20 Printing and Copying units to sell for $20k while there is room for 24 units in the warehouse. So the "bunker" product sells for $5k per unit, the "forgery" product sells for $1k per unit.
Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PMHow do normal selling missions go?  Can you just pick anything together and sell the whole bunch? Or can you only sell one specific product at the time?
The numbers I just gave you are from the screenshot where you can see "sell for" in those fields that show a capacity greater than zero, like Sporting Goods 6/40 sell for $30,000, minus 10% for Tony. I can either click on that and sell those 6 units for $30k, minus 10% for Tony, OR sell out my entire stock (the field at the bottom of the screenshot) Sell: ALL goods for $226,500, minus 10% for Tony. Unless there is a special order, I can click on that and sell the exact amount of specific goods for the given price, minus 10% for Tony.

Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PMMaybe it pays off to find out what product gives you to most per piece
Apart from the fact that you can tell from the selling menu (my screenshot) as discusses before, you cannot know how much you'll get for any product UNTIL you own the related business. Like, I have no idea what meth sells for because I don't own a meth lab.
Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PM(assuming that the time it takes to produce anything is always the same)
Unfortunately, the most expensive stuff is slowest so you'll see your storage fill up at different speeds, depending on the product. A good indicator for me is the amount of storage I got for a specific good to determine how slowly it fills: the less space, the more time. See for instance the greyed-out South American Imports (which is coke), there are only four storage units available and it supposedly sells for a high price. The only product I've got that doesn't seem to w0#k like that is Sporting Goods which are weapons and related to the bunker. I got 40 storage units despite the high price they sell for. I can only guess, maybe because the bunker is the only upgraded business? No idea. And no way for me to find out except upgrading the other businesses, too, but hell, I don't want to find out once and pay forever. :anigrin: Then again, checking the numbers again, it actually doesn't seem to make sense at all: I got 24 storage units for a product that is worth $1k, so $24,000 for a full storage of Printing&Copying, and then I got 20 storage units of Cargo and Shipment which would sell for $200,000 when full.
Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PMand put everything on that type of product.
You can't.

Quote from: BinnZ on August 10, 2018, 10:01:38 PMI'm not surprised that the real money making isn't happening in the club. First of all because it's passive income, second because R* wants to not make it too easy to fill your pockets 🙂 They did that twice already, with the pacific bank job and with import export. However, if we figure out how to make the most out of the club business, it's definitely a nice additional income 😎
Yep, indeed, in the end it's only one way to keep you busy and if you're not careful, you'll have to w0#k not to end up in the red. I learned from the bunker that I better not upgrade anything, shut down the bunker which is upgraded, and now that I am running on businesses that are not upgraded, I don't have costs any more as long as my nightclub's popularity is high enough to pay $5k because that covers all my daily costs. Since I keep popularity as high as possible by doing promo missions as often as necessary, I am actually making a small profit without doing too much for it. And as soon as I sell the stuff in my nightclub's warehouse, I make pure profit. It takes a couple of real-time hours to fill up the warehouse a bit, so you can't expect to sell stuff every 20 minutes for a couple hundred kays. It's more like play a day or two or three, real-time, and then sell the stuff.

All in all, it's fun and a pastime, but not a real money-maker. The car selling business still is the best.

BinnZ

When I'm back, I will find out about the other businesses. I got all of them fully upgraded so I only have to pay for the nightclub upgrades. It's an interesting ideas whether your total storage will increase on upgrading the involved business. It will probably cost me dearly finding out,  but whatever, I still have 50 million to spend so it's no big deal 😜
I also wonder if special sales will always grant you just that 5%, which is really a bit of a sellout, if you have to pay Tony 10% lol
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

I'll be able to help you there. :anigrin: This is how and why:

It angered me that I had the bunker upgraded and that there was nothing that kept the daily costs covered when it was operational except when working for it. Meaning, if I didn't do anything that brought in money, I would keep using up my savings. Well, you know what I mean.

Then I had this idea and I had to earn quite a bit of money first, which I did: I bought a new bunker. For various reasons.

I had to earn money first which was really silly because I knew I'd be trading in my old bunker but the game only allowed me to trade it in once I had the FULL amount in my bank account. THEN I was able to buy it and by that, trade in my old one.

The one I used to have, top left of the map, was placed really badly in between a lot of trees which made landing there with a helo quite challenging. And tons of rocks there, so driving up in a car also usually ended in crashing into boulders before reaching the bunker. So I went for the bunker right next to Fort Zancudo, next to my hangar at Fort Zancudo, a perfect military match. And neither trees nor rocks. :anigrin:

Then the game did something that would otherwise be annoying: All my upgrades and extras were gone. But that was exactly what I wanted :anigrin: I just set up the weapons production WITHOUT personnel upgrade and now that bunker is operational at $4,700 a day. Plus my $4,450 additional costs, I am now UNDER $10k which means, my night club covers it all IF kept at top popularity. O0

Right now, I can shut down the bunker and restart it any time. Like, if my club's storage for one of those goods is full, I can restart the bunker and reassign the then-idle techie in my club to guns, without going too high in my daily costs.

Now there are a few questions that I don't yet have an answer for. Does an additional techie in my club increase the daily costs? I think it might. Can't be much, though. And, has the storage space for guns in the club been reduced now that I don't have the upgrade for the bunker anymore? I'll check that as soon as I fire up the game again and report back :)

Art Blade

the storage amount stays the same.

Art Blade

PZ

That's quite the colorful vehicle  :thumbsup:

Although I don't really care for driving games all that much, I have to admit, GTA is among the best for the visuals.

Art Blade

hehe, it is a free "camo" livery I got along with the vehicle and I decided to use it, indeed because it is so crazy. :)

Although, I wouldn't call GTA a "driving" game. Of course you drive cars, but you also fly planes, and helicopters, use parachutes, ride bicycles and motorcycles and personal watercraft ("Jet Ski"), pilot motor and sailing boats as well as submarines.. and you walk and swim, too. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Well, that went more smoothly than the one we tried! Cool video. Just can't resist dropping mines and shooting random cars with the minigun, can you?

Looking at the stuff on the club computer and all those things to keep track of, I really doubt I'll ever do any of that stuff, I can't be bothered, I'll just keep running random stuff and a few missions now and then when I join you guys.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, D_B :)

indeed, it was a smooth job apart from some idiot car drivers, the winding roads I had to take and the occasional crashing into unexpected weird obstacles like an unlucky drop bouncing off a rocky ledge at Rebel Radio which flipped my car trying to create a shortcut, along the way I came across another hill (with a sailing boat parked there) and crashed into that blasted white barricade behind the hilltop, then jumping over the railroad into a container and the extension of that underpass and stuff like that. Plus, I had to use mouse and keyboard because "looking" was bound to the roof cannon which means, the camera didn't follow the car but stayed in the same position the gun was aiming at. So the ride looks a bit wonky and zigzagging was part of that "aiming while driving" thing. AND the car doesn't have any grip, you see me sliding and drifting as soon as I break from a straight line. The engine power however is really good. That long straight road, I was amazed at how the car kept building up speed. :)

And yes, I got proximity mines so why not drop a few for entertainment. Mine, that is. And, pun intended. :gnehe: Of course I had to test the gun on the roof. Several times, and completely at random. Just to make sure it worked. :anigrin:

In hindsight, when I was trying to find a better route for the second drop, I should have set back and taken the route to the North rather than following that snail trail.

The club, it is very time-consuming but at the time, very entertaining. It actually keeps me going and wanting to go back :)

Art Blade

Here, have a laugh. Or feel sorry. :gnehe:

This is how I don't make money. One of those F***ING missions that are way too extensive and bad for my health. Essentially, it is about stealing a car so I can sell it. IF the car survives that. Most missions are fun, but there are two types that I hate. Here is part one.

GTA V missions that I hate to solo, part one: cargo bob

Import/Export. Steal a car using a cargo bob. Fight your way to the cargo bob, steal it, fly over to a swimming platform, get shot at, steal the car using the hook, fly away and get shot at by land and air patrols (or, goons) and make it to your vehicle warehouse. Needless to say, the more damage "your" car takes, the less you'll get when selling it. Here is how to fail miserably. Note the attack choppers on the mini map already chasing me while I was trying to drop the car to get it out of harms way..

Art Blade

Funny enough, right the next mission was exactly the second type I hate  :laughsm: :banghead:

Here is a success, and I didn't expect that. I still hate those missions:

GTA V missions that I hate to solo, part two: police helicopter waiting

Import/Export. Steal a car. Sounds simple. When you arrive, you'll notice a police chopper hovering above "your" car and when you get close, "your" car will drive off with police cars and chopper in its wake. Great. Usually it ends in a somewhat wrecked stolen car after a long chase and lots of deaths, but this time I actually managed to shoot the driver before he could drive away. I didn't mean to take explosive rounds with me for that mission, but since I already had them in my sniper rifle, why not use them. Except on the driver, of course. I was surprised that my other sniper rifle had such a good zoom.. and that I actually got away with all that. Enjoy :)

BinnZ

Smooth run on the 811! And how unfortunate to crash into that coast line after all the hard w0#k 😜
Next time, go straight up first, until the heli goons spawn. Then go right to your warehouse. ;)
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳