GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Never seen that, D_B. Got to be a hacker in action :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

I figured as much, it was a really expensive high end car too, so hacker for sure lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Funny article about the new game launcher R* sort of forced on us R* games players. The result is I can't connect to a bunch of friends.... suddenly they seem to use incompatible assets, wtf??!!

Anyway, this article explains a bit about the background and hints towards RDR2 PC launch soon ;)
Rockpapershotgun on Rockstar Launcher
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Guess they forgot to add the Social Club stuff ::) So, basically, I downloaded a 250 MB launcher then...
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yep ran it last night, an update on steam that installs the R* launcher, no option not to, at least if you want to play GTAV. Then they give you San Andreas for free, so yeah thanks for the 15 year old game or however old it is.

Then again, maybe Steam will get the idea and stop charging 30% to game devs just to publish there.
D_B

Art Blade

I've always thought 30% is quite a lot. Well, they're running a massive infrastructure on potent hardware and got a huge pool of potential customers and game updates are run through that structure, so that's all the stuff you pay as a publisher. But I'd say I'd feel better about 25% or even 20%, wouldn't sound so.. monopolist.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on September 18, 2019, 08:24:32 AM
Then again, maybe Steam will get the idea and stop charging 30% to game devs just to publish there.

Think they have changed that. You get a reduced cut if the game sells a certain amount of copies. Epic brags about a 12/88 share, 12% to Epic, 88% to developers. Unfortunately, Epic have shown themselves to be incompetent morons when it comes to handle a storefront and the distribution of games.

Art Blade

Now that you mention that, steam's change of policy, I seem to recall something like that. Like, various % depending <whatever> and also that they reacted to a lot of complaints as to the "quality" of games they allowed to be distributed, something like distributing a game about a school mass-shooting after a real life mass-shooting took place.. that kind of thing. I seem to remember that steam doesn't allow those games anymore because I think they were rightfully afraid of losing more important business partners.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that was just the last percentage I had heard about, probably there are various scales now, at least I hope so. But there is still a lot of garbage on steam, and not just politically incorrect stuff like Art mentions. Outright ripoffs where someone takes a game engine like Unity and uses the tutorial example stuff that comes with it and just changes some textures and calls it a game and charges $5 for it. I've seen a few live streams where people play these on purpose to show how awful they are. Some are outright funny, but not if I'd paid for it.
D_B

Art Blade

I just came across the following video that shows a cheat menu I'd never even imagined possible. With stuff like that, no wonder.. it explains pretty much everything I despised when playing in open sessions and why I really hate it. What is even more disturbing: the amount of likes that vid got and the next disturbing thing is, by comparison, how few dislikes. Also, that guy should be banned from both the game and YouTube.

Art Blade

I just reported that vid and channel.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah to be that blatant about it and post a video on it is just asking for it. Of course, R* won't do anything about it. I've been hit with a few of those before, like being caged, or set on fire. I've posted a few videos on what the effects look like. A few days ago I was playing a challenge king of the hill and was essentially there by myself until a hacker came along who couldn't be killed. Another person also came along and tried to kill him but it was pointless. Whenever I even think someone is hacking, I just find a new instance and don't give them the satisfaction.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

SP modding still going strong :laughsm: This guy removed the water and that breaks the missions taking place in the ocean

BinnZ

:laughsm:

That's fucking funny man O0

"That's a looong way up!"..... and down, lol! :D

Also when they try to get away on jetskis, changing characters all the time to be able to finish the route :D
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳