GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Incredible. The 3rd best sold game ever in game history. Only Tetris and Minecraft are on top. And it's the only 3rd person game in the top 10. Skyrim and Diablo III are the next, in place 11 and 12. These both sold 30 million copies.
QuoteGTA V sold over 15 million sales in 2017 as a whole, which means it outsold most other new releases that year – such as the 7 million of Star Wars: Battlefront II and the 9 million of Super Mario Odyssey

I got a record breaking 4577 hours spent in the game. That isn't totally weird considering the above :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

Well folks, the end is nearing. Yesterday I managed to complete the Doomsday Heist Criminal Mastermind Challenge with 3 players. I completed the one with 2 players earlier, now all there is left to do is the one with 4 players. And when I got all three, I earn the last achievement, called Masterminds. Then I'm done with the game. In fact, I am already. Only going back to complete those last tasks, I'm not really enjoying GTA anymore. The game has become so buggy; the connectivity to GTA Online more specifically is so bad these days, that you almost have to do every task twice because one of your friends disconnects during the process.
I don't think I will hit the 5k of playing hours, unless they release another update like the Doomsday Heist, but I seriously doubt they will. I expect them to put all their energy into polishing and preparing RDR2. In fact I think that the Doomsday Heist is made with unreleased content that formerly was meant to be released as a single player DLC. So they had it laying on the shelves, not much w0#k to do for the release in online.
From now on, we will probably only get little updates with new Adversary modes, a few new cars and maybe some more CEO businesses. Nothing to look forward to. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

And I'm desperately longing for a good new game. At the moment I'm having a lot of fun with Dirt Rally. But that's not exactly the game I'm going to play for a very long time. I am considering buying FC5.
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

I'm in the same boat as you BinnZ, I am looking forward to Far Cry 5 :anigrin: Now, I should never had pre-order it, but I really wanted the statue, map and the soundtrack  :bigsmile:
Hope you got your 1080 by then, it's 1,5 month until the easter holiday when FC5 launch

BinnZ

Yes, incredible that I still have no clue if it will be in stores by then... I ordered it 3 weeks ago, no news :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

It's the miners still buying up stock. AMD came forward and claimed the lack of GPUs is memory shortages. Samsung is going over to GDDR6 and mobile phones now wants 8 GBs of RAM :o So not much memory to spare for GPUs.

So, blame miners and the memory manufacturers that causes high prices and lack of stock

fragger

Quote from: BinnZ on February 11, 2018, 05:46:30 AM
And I'm desperately longing for a good new game.

Have you given Fallout 4 a try? Remember, I didn't like it myself at first, now I'm hooked. It's got everything you could ask for in a first (or third, if you prefer) person game - tons to explore and discover, a huge number of missions (both main ones and sides), hundreds of unique characters to meet, a highly-detailed game world, a day/night cycle that runs independently and isn't driven by character movement (yes you, Ubisoft), an excellent, dynamic weather system, and an extremely immersive storyline. And its not just missions, there's much else to do apart from those. You can go at your own pace, the game doesn't force you along, and is truly an open-world experience. It never gets boring, and it's made for single players, so there's a generous and fully developed "campaign" that will keep you involved for weeks on end.

It's a stand-alone game, you don't have to have played any of the earlier ones. I never did.

After three months, I'm still finding places and characters I haven't come across before. It's not a gigantic game world, but it's amazing how much has been packed into it, and yet a lot of it is cunningly tucked away in the landscape. Even after a couple of months, I came across a whole little town that I never even knew existed.

Shooting mechanics and weapon effects are really good too, a lot better than I expected for a game like this and better even than some dedicated shooters that I've tried. You can cheat via the built-in console if that's your thing, it's a breeze to use. And you can wheel-and-deal with a well-developed trading/bartering system, where you can buy and sell practically anything - junk, food, alcohol, drugs, clothes, ammo, weapons, armour - including your own stuff. It's very flexible. You can buy, sell, and/or trade anything in a single transaction, and put all kinds of deals together. You can even literally sell the clothes off your own back if you're so inclined :gnehe: Weapons and armour can be modified to a huge degree, too.

And there's no UBI*bleep*-type stuff. No tower climbing to reveal the map or any of that nonsense, no "capture the outpost" business, and the whole world is accessible right from the start.

Am I trying to sell this game to you? No. Well, maybe a little. Actually, yes I am :gnehe: I think you might like it once you get into it. That's what Art told me, and on initial impressions, I didn't agree. But then, with a bit more exploration, all of a sudden it clicked. You start off in a sparsely populated area of the map and it doesn't seem terribly interesting, until you explore enough. Then lo and behold, you find that there's actually a richly-detailed world out there, including an entire city and environs to explore. Even after all this time, there are still some parts of the map that I haven't fully checked out yet nor even visited, and as I said, it's not a huge map (about 1/3 the size of GTA V's), which is testament to how much it contains.

Forgive me, I'm a hopeless FO4 fan-boy now :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

O0

Reading through you and Art's adventure in the Wastelands is interesting and fun :anigrin:

Art Blade

:bigsmile:

the only downside from BinnZ's perspective, as far as I know him, is the lack of competition.

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

Haha, thanx Fragger! :)

I'm still ambivalent to Fallout 4. I played 3, including all DLC's, had the GOTY edition. I did everything there and carry good memories of the game. FO3 also had good shooting, glad so because what I don't like is the RPG part of the game. I like the exploring, the collecting and of course the shooting and the missions. I think I will loose myself in FO4 as much as you do, but I'm not sure whether I want to allow myself to do that :anigrin:
At the moment, I'm feeling more like a FC game. I honestly hope that FC5 is good. I don't know in what way I want it to be good; all the action shots, the companions, the enemy-tagging... all parts where I think; maybe better not this game. But looking back FC3 was one of the best games I've played, although it had its flaws of course.

Anyway; after spending almost 5000 hours in a game without any major breaks in other games I'm searching for a game that will be a little less time consuming in the long run.  ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

:bigsmile:

At least FC5 has proper campaign co-op, but progress is only saved for the host.

BinnZ

Really? Oh, that's stupid. Well, mission wise I suppose, you keep the stuff you find and skill / XP progress you achieve I hope?
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳