GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

I am happy to help, just stay away from me in free roam :-X (Hint: Police chases/flare guns) :laughsm: And tanks :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys, I'll look into it. I haven't played GTA in so long I'd have to take a few minutes getting used to the controls again. I have the mic/headset combo so voice chat is no problem.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I got through character creation, mostly picking random features on the female model, then did the tutorial. Only got killed by randos a couple times, but it was after the second one that they told me about passive mode, how about telling me that first? Anyway, the first time I was sitting at a stop light and someone just drove by and shot me, well, OK, whatever, it turned out for the good as I was at the tutorial to steal a car and get it customized and after respawning, I stole a better one than I had the first time:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

That's after customizing it. Anyway, after doing the first online deathmatch, which was 8 people, all level 3 or 4 like me except one .... person who was level 200 or something? I mean really? Why bother? Guess who's team won? I did get two kills before he got me though. Anyway, did that and went to a gun shop to spend some of the huge amount of 15,000 I had and bought a the .50 handgun and was looking at some other stuff when some rando comes in a shoots me. That's when I find out about passive mode.

I tried stealing a car to sell, but when I got to the shop it just said the car was too hot to customize, so maybe I need to steal something less valuable? I dunno. Still have to go online and get the car Binn mentioned. It's been so long since I played this game, I've forgotten most everything about how it plays.

OK, so I think I'm ready for one of you guys to hold my hand and get me up to a decent level.
D_B

Art Blade

well done :)

Those "randos" who killed you, and the one 200 guy, all that, sounds like my first step into the public online gaming. I hated it. Essentially almost everyone out there seems to think the only way to play this game consists of killing fellow gamers. In order to play in peace, start the game in story mode (single player) and from there, go to online, then invite only. Same environment, no idiots. At least good to get around a bit and check out what's what. You'll notice that there are NO animals in the online game so you don't have to worry when walking around or swimming (unlike SP, those mountain lions and sharks and whatnot are not present here) which brings me to something: character stats. You can run, literally, and swim and dive to get your weak character up to speed regarding stamina and all that. I hope to be able to show you some more and unlock one particular mission for you that you can play on your own and there's no police active in that mission. Ideal for going to the beach and beating up everyone you see in order to get your strength up. Takes a good while to max out those stats.

In order to sell stolen cars, those need to be something below $100,000. Essentially, don't bother with anything that resembles a $p@rts car, they're too expensive. You can find out two ways: stolen cars/bikes that you can drive into your own garage can be sold. Or you use your mobile phone, click on that blue globe (probably a hint to "world wide web") and go to the black-yellowish banner of a car vendor called "southern sanandreas superautos .com" and sort by price.

LowPolyOWG

As what Art said :anigrin:

I did a lot of survivals (you need to survive 10 waves of enemies, which will use stronger weapons over time). Grants a lot of experience and you can level up your shooting skills. Also gives you temporarily access to high-level items (miniguns/RPGs/MGs)

Another tip are the contacts missions tab. They can be repeated all over again and rewards up to 4.4K RP/18-20K GTA$. After a patch, contact missions will give you max payout after about 16+ minutes. With me, BinnZ and Art being CEOs, we can also level you up by collecting crates and other grindy stuff.

To play GTA Online peacefully, do this:

And

Pick either one that suits you. Closed, Solo or Invite Only is the recommended ones

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, OK, I picked online right from the menu in Steam. No big really, I wanted to experience it sooner or later, and really it wasn't all that bad. I can go passive any time and just wander around and not worry. Though I wonder, can you go passive, follow someone, then when they are vulnerable, go into normal mode and attack them? You could set yourself up in a protected spot and just ruin them. Not very fair, but I don't see anything stopping you from doing that.

I take it I can buy a house/garage in solo mode and it will carry over into the other modes? Not that I'm anywhere near rich enough for that yet. I guess I'll steal ordinary cars and sell them, heh.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Yes, you can. 1 minute cooldown though. Not recommended, unless you want people to hate you. No, safe houses doesn't carry over, GTA Online is its own thing. What we most likely will do with you, are missions and jobs to help you get money. Selling vehicles is too time consuming. 48 minute cooldown between each car sale. I would have completed two survival runs by that time, giving me 60 000 GTA$. Which is like 6 times more than selling the most valuable car to find (Sentinel XS). That gives you like 9,5K GTA$/48 minutes. Or, two contact missions that should be about 40 000 GTA$

Art Blade

binn, see attachment (it's literally an original screenshot with time stamp)

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks Gkid, but what I meant about solo stuff was if I start an online game in solo mode, the bottom option in your screenshot, does the stuff I do there carry over to a normal online session?
D_B

Art Blade

yes. Actually, every online option you see there is GTA online, the difference between them is whom you get to see (or not to see) and some game types (just a random example: last team standing) won't be available. But everything else is as good as any public online game session and will be saved and be available to you no matter which of those online options you choose.

LowPolyOWG

For whatever stupid bull*bleep**bleep* reason, Binn DIDN'T GOT THE MASTERMIND IV completed :banghead: :angry-new: :(

Anyway, I got like 5 million for it (Loyalty/All in order challenge/Supportive role)

I feel happy for getting my first mastermind challenge done, but it sucks when some of your teammates doesn't get that. :'( :banghead:

If you're giving it another go, we will help you again. :bigsmile:

This was extremely hilarious :laughsm: :anigrin: 1 second away! :gnehe:

Sigh, did we forgot to blow off Avon's head? :-X :laughsm:

LowPolyOWG

DB, the weapons on the wall here, in the gun stores, don't have a rank unlock. I'd recommend the G36C, Homing Launcher and the Marksman Rifle. The Special carbine can mount a 100 round drum mag. Turning it into an LMG. In the pistol category, you could also get the heavy revolver. And the machine pistol (TEC-9). The MP5 and the Combat SMG supports 100 round drum mags too.

BinnZ

Thank you Gkid, I'm flattered by your offer, really. And I'm glad you had yours already. We did good. We are a good team. That's worth more than a dozen achievements :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

you know you can rely on me mate, I'm in until you got it :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳