Introducing No Man's Sky Path Finding update (ver 1.2)

Started by LowPolyOWG, March 08, 2017, 09:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

nice. Only a few days ago I thought that they likely had given up for good. I'm glad they didn't. However, my interest hasn't yet reached new heights.. I'll let some more time and updates pass, I reckon..

LowPolyOWG

fragger

I'm still waiting for them to address PC optimization and fix that godawful frame rate issue. Until they do that, I'm not interested in more bells and whistles.

Dweller_Benthos

Saw this download today. I might take a quick look at it, but I doubt I'll do much in it, for the same reason, I still consider it early access / beta and I'm waiting for the full release.

I wonder, though, what the sentinels think of you careening around the planet at full speed, breaking things like that, don't you think they'd get peeved about you causing so much destruction?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

:anigrin:

If you check the link to steam and there check the user reviews.. "overwhelmingly negative," rated by 72,000+ users.

LowPolyOWG

There have been some positive reviews praising the new updates, but still, the rocky launch and the lack of content definitely tarnished the reputation of the game and playerbase.

fragger

In that clip they mention a "Permadeath" option. Why would anybody want to enable that? Maybe it means something different in NMS, but I always took Permadeath to mean that if you die, you can't ever play the game again.

Actually, I never "died" in NMS, so I don't know what happens if you do (without Permadeath, I mean). Does anybody know?

Art Blade

it usually means on death, start a new career. Like impossible iron man in XCOM

fragger

I never had the guts to try Ironman on Impossible level. Ironman on Easy was nerve-wracking enough, the one time I played it :) The only time I tried playing on Impossible level I lost my whole squad in the very first mission, the XCOM project folded and I was out. I never even got to see my base. I call that an achievement :gnehe:

There was some game that came out I think last year, or maybe the year before, an online-only MP shooter, where if you died, you could never play the game again, ever. We discussed it briefly on the old site but I can't remember what it was called. "Dumb Shooting Game", maybe ::)

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on March 13, 2017, 04:51:24 PMI never even got to see my base. I call that an achievement :gnehe:

man, that made me burst out laughing :laughsm:

And yes, I remember we briefly talked about that "die, and never play again" kind of game. Absolute nonsense.

Tags:
🡱 🡳