Found these Haunted Australian Mine Stories

Started by mandru, August 01, 2017, 08:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

:laughsm:

Mining is not a way of life that I would pick. I'd probably get bored, miss my mother, load the wrong equipment and get myself shafted.

Art Blade

in the upcoming few spoilers is a native speaker's help for me -- the rest of you should ignore that but of course, you may read them ;)

[spoiler text=fragger]I get the idea behind that post, fragger, but as a non-native speaker, I'm lost again regarding "mother" -- what would be a synonym for that? Any explanation would help, actually :)[/spoiler]

fragger

[spoiler text=Art]It's a two-word pun formed by the words "mother" and "load" ("mother lode").

From Wikipedia:

"A 'mother lode' is a principal vein or zone of veins of gold or silver ore". Basically, a large underground concentration of a precious metal.

I thought when I wrote it that I might have to explain it, so I was ready. Dumb attempt at a pun anyway :anigrin:[/spoiler]

Art Blade

[spoiler text=fragger]first off, thank you O0

secondly, not at all. I find it very clever and I'm sorry to have spoiled it. I find it actually so good that I'm giving you a [/spoiler]

+1 :thumbsup: :anigrin:

fragger

Art Blade

:)

P.S.
[spoiler text=fragger]fragger, I planted a few spoiler tags around our brief conversation which should keep your original post's impact untouched. :gnehe:[/spoiler]

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳