Mother's Day RV trip

Started by PZ, May 20, 2021, 08:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

We took our annual road trip to the Potholes Reservoir in Washington for fishing, kayaking, and of course good food and company. The weekend was beautiful!

The weather was a bit on the cool side, but bright and sunny on Long Lake in Washington

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Butch made a fritata, his first, and it was excellent. The sun died tomatoes made it over the top.

Taking a picture of the picture takers

Taking a walk in camp

nex

See the retirement is agreeing with you PZ  :-X
Haven't had breakfast yet and now I'm hungry...

The one and only time I had fritata was our last
breakfast after the Namibia hunting trip, the one guy
and his daughter made it using about 3 dozen eggs, all
leftovers from the night before and everything else they could find :anigrin:

Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

Nice place, looks like a relaxing time.

So a fritata is just scrambled eggs with stuff in it? Good to know.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Retirement is loads of fun, nex  O0 My wife and I are the only ones in our group that are fully retired. After that trip we visited hot springs for another week. Sure is nice to just pick up and go places without having to worry about a schedule. Sounds like your friend makes fritatas just like we do  :thumbsup:

@D_B: you pretty much nailed it - much mike a thick scrambled egg pancake with all the works. It is kind of fun trying new things.  :gnehe:

PZ

I'm trying an experimental version of Google Earth which is giving satellite views of our trip including street views, photos, and the RV parks we visited. The pictures in the photo album are of places on this trip. It is kind of crude, but it shows the power of Google Earth, and the quality of today's imagery. You can even see historical imagery to compare with the more recent images - the contrast in resolution is staggering.

My Google Earth Mother's Day trip

Art Blade

the best part of this topic is the missing R in this quote. :gnehe:
Quote from: PZ on May 20, 2021, 08:59:39 AMThe sun died tomatoes

PZ

:D

I really should invest in a new keyboard. One of these days the missing "r" might not be so funny!

nex

Dweller_Benthos

That's a pretty cool Google Earth feature, I haven't used that in quite a while. Nice to see where everything is in relation to each other, down to where you parked, even.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: nex on May 23, 2021, 10:45:36 PM
Great images PZ  O0

Thanks nex!  :bigsmile:

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 24, 2021, 08:21:24 AM
That's a pretty cool Google Earth feature, I haven't used that in quite a while. Nice to see where everything is in relation to each other, down to where you parked, even.

Yeah, Earth has come a long way since I first looked at their images which were so grainy you could hardly make things out. Today, the images are so good you can see quite a bit of detail, and are likely to improve over this. Those images were from 2017 (or 2014) I think (even though they have a 2021 copyright listed).

That presentation was only a starter, and I'd like to use more of the potential. For example, you can add your own images, measurements, story slides, etc. It would be a great way to create memories from one's vacations. Putting in more waypoints (you can use lat/long coordinates) allows one to go to even off-road hiking or other adventures.

This is Delicate Arch in Utah, a place I have hiked to many times. Zooming in like this I can even see places I sat, and places I took pictures,

Dweller_Benthos

That's pretty cool, the 3D has improved greatly since I last looked at it. Though I imagine only certain special places have that level of detail.
D_B

PZ

Even though I have not tried that many places, the resolution is as good at my home which in the past was barely recognizable. I can now count the individual plants in my garden, and even count the number of steps from the patio to the back door.  :thumbsup:

They sure have come a long way in higher resolution images

nex

Unfortunately Google's only doing it in the USA, the view of my house remains the same as about ten years ago

PZ

Dang, that's a shame  :undecided-new:

I'll bet one of these days the entire Earth will be mapped out for us to see, if we live long enough  :banghead:

nex

Google should team up with Elon Musk and make use of his satilites

Tags:
🡱 🡳