Far Cry 6 teaser

Started by PZ, May 27, 2021, 09:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I can do without the drug scenes, or at least make them short and very few. And not forced. Say if there's a specific spot that you know is going to cause it, but it can be avoided if you go a different route.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Valhalla is obviously an entirely different franchise but developed by the same parent company so I can't help but compare a bit. ACII had timed elements that I hated, and the game had plenty of them. Fortunately most were relatively easy to overcome without having to try countless times (that's the part I really dislike). Those kinds of elements are gone in Valhalla which makes the game seem much more lifelike than having to run a course in a given amount of time else you fail and start over. That kind of "fail and start over" game programming occurs when you have nothing better to offer in my opinion.

My other main peeve are the bosses - the giants that are only a part of nightmares. Valhalla has what you would call bosses, but they are relatively normal sized characters with much more health. There are a few boss animals that are extremely large and hard to overcome, but are entirely optional. None of those kinds of things are mandatory to continue with the story.

I hope the Far Cry series goes down the same path.

nex

GRW also had two, I think....
The one is switching a truck for a booby-trapped one,
which was a piece of cake unless you run into a patrol vehicle.
The second one, going after El Sueno himself is extremely difficult,
I failed a number of times until I realized the mission is easier
than I made it out to be.

Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Quote from: nex on June 03, 2021, 11:18:24 PM
...The second one, going after El Sueno himself is extremely difficult,
I failed a number of times until I realized the mission is easier
than I made it out to be.

That seems to be true in other games as well. If I encounter them in the future I'm going to just search for a video when I fail the first time.  :gnehe:]

Tags:
🡱 🡳