Valhalla: Ubisoft will continue content release for a second year

Started by PZ, June 13, 2021, 07:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, this is exciting news for me - Valhalla will continue to be supported with new content for a second year! Among new content additions:

• Infiltration quests, in which you are given a quest, but not how to accomplish it in a guided way have returned. How you accomplish the quests are entirely up to you
  • A new Discovery Mode, which is similar to earlier AC games allow the player to assume the role of an NPC in the time period so one can learn all about the lives of average people during those times.
  • New weapons based on people's requests, new tactics (the video shows the player attaching an explosive to an enemy, jumping back, and watching the enemy explode
  • The reports suggest lots more expanded content, with perhaps another season pass

It remains to be seen how (and if) this all plays out, but of the video is even half believable, it will be entertainment for a long time to come. The video also shows very high resolution graphics (which I assume are the best they offer). However, it does not explain if the game play is on the PC or the higher end consoles. All I know for sure is that the graphics are way better than mine.

The story on PCGamer: Assassin's Creed Valhalla will get a second year's worth of expansions and loads of free content

nex

Good news for you PZ  O0
I'm running out on GR Breakpoint, and
so far no future support yet  :undecided-new:
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

That's too bad nex  :undecided-new:

Even though I don't play much GR these days, it is still a series I like quite a bit

nex

nex

I'm playing Satisfactory at the moment, the devs introduced
a major mod manager which makes the game a lot more fun to play

PZ

I saw you mention Satisfactory before -what exactly is that?  :huh-new:

Art Blade

PZ

Unfortunately I don't - if I saw that video I do not remember it at all - really sucks to lose your memory as you age  :undecided-new: The only good thing is that you can play a game repeatedly and it is always a fresh experience  :gnehe:

I did watch some game play and a trailer, and it kind of reminds me of some of the simulation games I was fond of years ago - like trucking and railroad sims as well as an old farming sim I enjoyed for a while.

Art Blade

PZ, by the looks of it, you skipped the entire topic except when DKM2 popped up and even then, you did not seem to notice it was in the Satisfactory topic.

Here you go, the main topic (with "lotsa pics," as retiredgord would have said :bigsmile: )

https://www.openworldgames.org/newowg/index.php/topic,56191.0.html

PZ

???

man, that is an overwhelming topic! Only recently did I realize that the word "Satisfactory" referred to the game [wiki]Satisfactory[/wiki] and not just

Quote from: Mirriam-WebsterDefinition of satisfactory
: giving satisfaction : adequate a satisfactory performance

I probably need to read more thoroughly

Art Blade

PZ

:anigrin:

It will take quite a bit of time for me to w0#k through the posts!

Art Blade

I hope that it's also going to be entertaining. Mostly, at least. :anigrin:

PZ

I think so. I've watched the first video and although Satisfactory does not look like my kind of game on the surface, the ability to experiment in a "sandbox" environment is entertaining.

Tags:
🡱 🡳