Free new mastery challenge with latest update

Started by PZ, June 18, 2021, 08:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

UBI*bleep* released a large (over 10 gb) update which includes  a new ting to do - called a Mastery Challenge, it works like a mission/quest in which you can choose from the ways of the Raven,
Wolf, or Bear. Each skill tree has it's own focus: stealth, ranged weapons, or melee. Everyone attempting the challenges start with the same equipment, which is chosen by the game to help complete the challenge.

I did a couple yesterday, and they are fun, although if I had my usual armor/weapon combinations, they would be much easier.

This was a nice surprise - I did not expect this bonus content.

Dweller_Benthos

Neat, kind of like those extra challenges in the Hitman games where you have to do certain tasks with certain items.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm not familiar with those challenges in Hitman, but it sounds like the same thing.

Dweller_Benthos

I only know them from Art's videos, but they were like "Kill this person using that weapon and don't leave any witnesses while wearing a duck costume".
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Oh yeah, I recall some of those  :thumbsup:

Yes, some of these are kind of goofy, for example, someone was complaining that they had a challenge where you had to hit all targets in a weak spot and then finish them off with a head shot. The complaint was that more than one of his "victims" jumped off a cliff killing themselves thus failing the Gold medal for the challenge.

I'm not sure I would like that kind of thing, especially if not allowed my usual weapon load-out.

Art Blade

When I played those challenges, I hated 99% of them because they required me to do stuff which I'd never have done. I did them because unfortunately some were linked to unlocking gear, also I wanted a 100% completion of the game and those challenges, of course, were part of that.

Meanwhile the new Hitman 3 is out, albeit not on steam. A friend of mine plays (and uploads) it so I already know enough to say: same old, same old. Not even a convincing story. That, and considering those STUPID challenges, I decided not to get Hitman 3 when it's available on steam.

There are better games with more interesting stuff to do than that "grinding for" erm, yeah, grinding for what, exactly? Having to cope with super silly forced-upon-me challenges only to get access to some stuff or only to brag about 100% completion?

I think I'm too old for that now.

Sod it.

By the way, why the hell is this forum eating all those paragraphs? Hitting enter to create a paragraph looks fine while writing and the moment I post it, they're gone and going back in shows: they're gone.

Now I have to hit enter twice (two empty lines) to create a paragraph (of one empty line)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 21, 2021, 08:32:19 AM

By the way, why the hell is this forum eating all those paragraphs? Hitting enter to create a paragraph looks fine while writing and the moment I post it, they're gone and going back in shows: they're gone.

Now I have to hit enter twice (two empty lines) to create a paragraph (of one empty line)

I'm not sure if this is your issue, but for me, I think there is a bug in the WYSIWYG interface. I went back to the old BBCode version of the editor because of some issues. I may need to either find another solution of deactivate WYSIWYG

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 21, 2021, 08:32:19 AM
When I played those challenges, I hated 99% of them because they required me to do stuff which I'd never have done. I did them because unfortunately some were linked to unlocking gear, also I wanted a 100% completion of the game and those challenges, of course, were part of that.

Meanwhile the new Hitman 3 is out, albeit not on steam. A friend of mine plays (and uploads) it so I already know enough to say: same old, same old. Not even a convincing story. That, and considering those STUPID challenges, I decided not to get Hitman 3 when it's available on steam.

There are better games with more interesting stuff to do than that "grinding for" erm, yeah, grinding for what, exactly? Having to cope with super silly forced-upon-me challenges only to get access to some stuff or only to brag about 100% completion?

I think I'm too old for that now.

Sod it.

I did the first one, but was not exactly impressed a bunch. At first it seemed like a good idea, but losing most of the open world nature to complete a "challenge" is not my cup of tea either.

Art Blade

regarding the editor: alright.. I don't even know what is what.. right now I clicked on reply (as before) and lets see: paragraph coming up...
So this is after a paragraph (actually had to hit enter twice: one to get to a new line and then to create an empty line so I would need 3x enter to get a paragraph) like so: 1, 2, 3...

This is after 3x enter.

Had to edit involuntarily because you slipped in your reply LOL and yeah.. it already compressed my message even before it was posted. So I just did the same again and I can already tell that it screws up the text formation.

PZ

You might try going into your profile, go into Look and Layout or Modify profile and see if WYSIWYG is checked. If so uncheck it and see how the editor (posting window) is more like it was - it should be since that was the original method of posting.

I'm just guessing here, but I seem to recall something like that happening when I was using WYSIWYG

Art Blade

OK, unchecked it. Hit this reply button again and let's see, paragraph coming up "old style" (not 3x enter) right here:

This is a new paragraph.. or not.. well, is it?

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

I checked with the SMF people and they said not to use it because it is a problem with the editor. They said to disable WYSIWYG, so I did  :gnehe:

Strange that they still package it with the install, and worse yet, make it the default.

Tags:
🡱 🡳