Thinking about purchasing a video drone

Started by PZ, June 21, 2021, 07:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

That's some pretty amazing scenery and the use of the drone is great. Imagine how much time and expense that would have cost before drones were available. You'd have to have a helicopter or airplane following along and communicate between the two in order to coordinate the shots. But just put a drone up and set it at the altitude and distance you want, then tell it to follow, really amazing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

This is an exceptional young lady, she did a number of amazing drone clips while riding through
the Namibian desert.
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on September 14, 2021, 08:35:35 AM
That's some pretty amazing scenery and the use of the drone is great. Imagine how much time and expense that would have cost before drones were available. You'd have to have a helicopter or airplane following along and communicate between the two in order to coordinate the shots. But just put a drone up and set it at the altitude and distance you want, then tell it to follow, really amazing.

So true. Drones today are really sophisticated, and many functions are automated so you can do your activities and edit the video afterward.  :thumbsup:

PZ

Quote from: nex on September 14, 2021, 01:18:07 AM
.... How far the drone can go I don't know, all I know is that it's quite a distance....

The drone I have reportedly goes about 5 miles away which still amazes me. The landscape where the girl goes is perfect for a drone - no power lines, trees, etc. to catch your toy.

nex

I know nothing about drones, but from what I've seen, all the drone footage is from least 20-30 feet AGL
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I can't believe how good consumer drones have become!

fragger

How's it been going, PZ? Any news on the drone front?

PZ

Not yet, but I brought it along for our visit to the Oregon coast. Once the wind subsides a bit I'd like to have a video of our favorite places from high above  O0

fragger

Nice :thumbsup: I've heard that's a very scenic stretch of coast. I saw some photos once, I don't know exactly where on the Oregon coast they were taken, but it looked like a lovely part of the world.

PZ

Even if I don't get the drone flying, I have tons of pics that I'm going to share.  O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳