Did someone say they needed rain?

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 15, 2021, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

here it was 9+ inches rainfall, by comparison that's quite a bit more I should think. Just so you get an idea what I experienced: Imagine normal rain. You're inside the house and don't really notice it apart from when you look outside the window. Then, sometimes it increases, heavy rain, and you notice because suddenly you are aware of the noise. When you look outside you see rain hanging in the air like curtains and in the puddles are not only ripples but it seems kind of whipped, almost like surf. And it's really loud when you open the window.

That's what I had all day long, for over twelve hours straight.

Then it stopped. The next day was a lovely summer day, as if nothing had happened. And just a few kays away, villages had disappeared.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it's amazing how much water a storm can produce, doesn't seem possible that there's that much water up in the air. Usually it get released over a larger area, but when it's a small area or in a place where it gets directed into a single drainage system, you get the devastation we've seen in Europe lately.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 20, 2021, 08:05:17 AM
Can't we make a big funnel or something, channel our water over to you? Another town nearby got hit by a local storm and they were flooded out yesterday. Three inches of rain in a few hours, and though it wasn't a huge amount of damage, the water caused issues in many places.

That would  be nice  :thumbsup:

We had a bit of rain yesterday. Although I do not know the measurement, the driveway was actually damp.  :huh-new:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on July 20, 2021, 11:26:49 AM
here it was 9+ inches rainfall, by comparison that's quite a bit more I should think. Just so you get an idea what I experienced: Imagine normal rain. You're inside the house and don't really notice it apart from when you look outside the window. Then, sometimes it increases, heavy rain, and you notice because suddenly you are aware of the noise. When you look outside you see rain hanging in the air like curtains and in the puddles are not only ripples but it seems kind of whipped, almost like surf. And it's really loud when you open the window.

That's what I had all day long, for over twelve hours straight.

Then it stopped. The next day was a lovely summer day, as if nothing had happened. And just a few kays away, villages had disappeared.

We still see the rain problem in Germany on the news each evening. Sounds and looks very bad, and there are some that say there is no such thing as climate change (mostly the companies that don't want to lose a cent of profit.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳