Lectric eBikes

Started by PZ, August 26, 2022, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because we're becoming older, we've decided to give up our mountain bikes in favor of a couple of electric bikes. The price was right considering the cost of other brands, and I can say with certainty that we are delighted with the purchase! In fact, I've not had so much fun with a purchase in quite a while. Here are a couple of links to our experiences:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/USCqncmtfGsNAUE7A

For more detail, this is a link to the same photo album, plus a bit of experience info:

https://www.ztrips.org/wp/blog/2022/08/24/new-lectric-xl-lite-ebikes/

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, I've seen these around or variations of them and they look cool. I bet going camping they will be real handy for getting around the campground or to nearby attractions.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Here where I live I've seen many various brands electric bikes go past.  Some of the companies that have the electric scooters for hire in SLC have started to switch over to the E-bikes.  I just hope the e-bikes don't start showing up blocking my driveway the way the e-scooters have been when the neighboring apartment dwellers abandon them.

My cardiologists keep after me about getting more exercise and biking has been suggested but the ever present outcroppings of goat's head thorns (Bindii plant) around here eat bike tires for breakfast.  It looks like some of the best (enjoyable) cardio exercise I could get would come from one of these: www.vurtegopogo.com/product/v4pro/

It's completely springless being powered by gravity, adjustable amounts of compressed air, and how hard you lean into each bounce.  The V4Pro (I'll call it a Pogo Rocket if I do get one  :evil2: ) currently holds the world's record for highest bounce by a stunt jumper @ 3.4m or 11ft 2.5 in.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on August 29, 2022, 07:52:35 AM
Interesting, I've seen these around or variations of them and they look cool. I bet going camping they will be real handy for getting around the campground or to nearby attractions.

Exactly our thought - they fold up into a 22x36 inch rectangle, about 24 inches tall, so it will be easy to take on trips. When on the coast there is a seafood place we like to get crab cocktails. For many years we have either walked or driven, but now we can enjoy the bikes, and are already looking forward to next years trip!

Quote from: mandru on August 29, 2022, 09:33:19 AM
Here where I live I've seen many various brands electric bikes go past.  Some of the companies that have the electric scooters for hire in SLC have started to switch over to the E-bikes.  I just hope the e-bikes don't start showing up blocking my driveway the way the e-scooters have been when the neighboring apartment dwellers abandon them.

My cardiologists keep after me about getting more exercise and biking has been suggested but the ever present outcroppings of goat's head thorns (Bindii plant) around here eat bike tires for breakfast.  It looks like some of the best (enjoyable) cardio exercise I could get would come from one of these: www.vurtegopogo.com/product/v4pro/

It's completely springless being powered by gravity, adjustable amounts of compressed air, and how hard you lean into each bounce.  The V4Pro (I'll call it a Pogo Rocket if I do get one  :evil2: ) currently holds the world's record for highest bounce by a stunt jumper @ 3.4m or 11ft 2.5 in.

I've not seen any kind of pogo stick in many years, and never a high tech one like that! It looks really cool, but I'm relatively sure I'd maim or kill myself using one  :gnehe:

nex

Looks nice PZ, being electric will make exploring so much more enjoyable and also a massive plus for the environment.
I'm sure you and the wife will enjoy them.
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Thanks nex! They sure are a blast!

mandru

PZ right after you posted about your new E-Bikes there was a news story on TV that here in Salt Lake City that the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) declared Sept 1st and 2nd Free Fare for Clean Air days.

All fares will be free on the UTA bus and rail services.  This including bus, TRAX (SLC county Light rail), FrontRunner (almost 81 miles of rail service with community station stops between Provo and Ogden Utah), and the Bus service linking Park City and SLC.

The part of the story that caught my ear is that the rental service GREENBike is also offering a special promo code during the free fare days with the code 8121 allows a 24 hour pass.

I thought that was quite the coincidence.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

???  Crazy coincidence!

We're still loving these new bikes because we can travel way farther than we can walk (or even ride our old bikes). They sure make riding lots of fun!

fragger

@PZ Nice acquisitions :thumbsup: I'm impressed by how small an area the bikes can fold up into. They would indeed be ideal for vacations and camping trips. I hope you and Mrs. PZ get many years' worth of fun out of them! Sounds like you are already :)

Some years ago I toyed with the idea of getting a bicycle for trips to the local shops etc., but so many people are moving here these days and thus driving up the traffic volume that it's becoming a riskier proposition. There's no way I'd ride a pushbike along the main (only) road in and out of town as there's no paved ground by the side of the road and in some places there's little space between the road and the bush, and the way some of the people around here drive would make such a venture almost suicidal.

@mandru, I didn't realize the old pogo stick had gone so high-tech O0 I had an old pogo when I was a kid and could never do more than three or four consecutive bounces before I'd spear off at an angle. Now, about 50 years older and about 150 pounds heavier, forget it. I may have survived over 40 years of motorcycling, but I would seriously break parts of myself with a high-tech pogo stick. I just know I would :gnehe:

Also, I never realized bindii plants (or "bindies", as we call them) were found in the US. I'd always assumed they were native to Australia. You learn something new every day!

PZ

Thanks fragger!  O0

They are loads of fun, and lately we've been parking in a central area and riding about 10 miles out, then returning for a total of about 20 miles (that's about all our old bums can handle). There are lots of riding places here on the old abandoned railroad beds (tracks removed) some of which are paved. We'd not have gone on those rides with our old bikes due to our age.

Tags:
🡱 🡳