Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on February 09, 2022, 07:50:01 AM
Thanks PZ! Yeah that rifle is about the best one I've found for how I like to play. It's accurate enough I really don't need to carry a dedicated sniper rifle and it can go full auto if the need arises. So I get to carry a couple "fun" weapons like the hand made explosive cannon thing I use to flush out hiding enemies and blow up billboards with, and then a bow or some kind of grenade launcher for various uses.

Dang, I need that weapon  :thumbsup:

The explosive arrow weapon is also really cool  O0

Dweller_Benthos

I forget where and how I got that, I think it might have been from a crate somewhere. The online map would probably have it marked. I have yet to use the explosive arrow bow very much, this weekend I'll probably use it when doing the insurrection missions.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but what is that weapon called?

Dweller_Benthos

I'd have to look it up in game. I'm pretty sure it's one of the higher tier ones you get from a crate, but not the highest tier ones as special bonuses. Most of those, though they are supposed to be better, aren't in my opinion, as you can't customize them for ammo or other loadouts. So a couple are OK for a certain special need, but really you can make a better weapon from the equivalent lower tier and have the ammo and effects on it that you want or need for a specific situation.
D_B

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

It's the SSGP-58 - I look at it pretty close in the latest stream

I tried to find where I picked it up but it's not listed in the online map and the wiki says it's a random crate loot or you buy it. So one of those ways lol. Also pretty sure there's lower tier versions you can get earlier that are the same just not quite as capable as you'd expect.

Also actually had a viewer later in the stream so that was fun, had a chat with them and showed off some skills lol.
D_B

PZ

Thanks for posting this video D_B  :thumbsup:

I've not had a chance to watch it all but discovered useful information about the SSGP-58, and on several sites it is considered the best weapon in the game. I'm looking forward to finding it. Too bad it is in a random crate, but I did run across information about where to kind of look for it.

Once I get myself kitted out, I hope UBI*bleep* sets up a Games + mode one of these days so I can really enjoy the game by starting new games with my entire kit. I stopped playing Valhalla because they have not yet updated to Games +

mandru

D_B, in this latest video where you mentioned having a viewer.  I was later watching it in full screen and heard you responding to questions so I knew you had someone watching while you played live but because they were typing in their comments I was not getting their side of the conversation.  It wasn't until I exited full screen after completing the video that I could see the chat window and view the history of that person's comments to which you were responding.

There was a point (in one of the towns) where you'd grabbed a tank and was rampaging to build up your kills for one of the challenges that gave me a good laugh.  Having run over one of the soldiers that are accompanied by an attack dog the soldier was killed and knocked out of the way.  But when the dog was run over there was an extended sound for about 15 or 20 seconds of bumping and grinding as if the dog was being rolled under the tank or maybe caught up in the one of the tracks.  :D

I'm anxiously awaiting next Saturday's Insurrection release and enjoying your game play with commentary.  :thumbsup:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks PZ, nice info. Seems I picked the best gun all on my own lol. It is a good all around weapon, very versatile.

Haha! Glad you enjoyed it Mandru! Yeah it was a bit different with a viewer to interact with, only the second time or so I've had one live.
D_B

mandru

It was fun catching part of your live play this morning (3/12/22).  It's easy to see why the bomb collection run into the base with the guy who keeps all those crocs for pets is one of your least favorites.

When you were tossing out the mines setting up for the final encounter and pick up by Lola there was an enemy horseman who dodged your mines but when you shot him his horse bolted and ran away back in the direction they'd approached hitting one of the landmines.  When I laughed out loud my wife asked what was up and I told her "Dumb horse got blowed up".  :D

There's something I've been wondering about the game mechanics in FC6.  I had discovered in FC3 that when using the wing suit you could safely make landings in a lake or the ocean without first engaging a parachute.  Is the same in FC6?

And maybe I can add a useful tip if the game allows it.  It's theory only but when making an approach on a target using an air drop you (while checking the map) should be able to make a note of the air drop point and the direction the target lies from there.  Then close the map, orient yourself in the same direction and then engage the air drop.

I may be completely wrong but I think this might help with some of the longer approaches where every meter of midair/travel time counts.  If you start the air drop lined up with your intended destination then you're not losing altitude trying to get lined up with where your target area.

I've seen a couple notable times on a serious long glide where you've come up a bit short to make a landing on a cliff edge that would have saved you considerable time over hoofing it to the objective using an alternate approach.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks for stopping by Mandru! Nice having you for a bit! That was funny about the horse, ah well too bad I say.

Yeah if you wingsuit into water, you're fine, as long, I think, it's deep enough. I actually do that in the Pagan Min DLC game later on. As for the air drop thing, I usually mark the map where I want to go first, so the marker shows when I get there, but it seems that a lot of the time the air drop starts with me facing the wrong direction from where I want to go. I don't know if this is how the game sets you up or just that each air drop point has a specific direction you start off in and that's the direction you go no matter what, and I'm just always wanting to go the other direction, lol I think the map is planned that way, so you can't just air drop right onto an occupied spot, which would make to too "easy" lol

later....

Actually I was re-watching the VOD to check something and realized that landing in the water with the wingsuit may not w0#k, it killed me there but I had a death protection charm kind of thing on and it used it up - I was wondering where it went later on, so I guess that's what happened lol
D_B

mandru

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 12, 2022, 10:51:11 AM
Actually I was re-watching the VOD to check something and realized that landing in the water with the wingsuit may not w0#k, it killed me there but I had a death protection charm kind of thing on and it used it up - I was wondering where it went later on, so I guess that's what happened lol

Going back to finish up watching that session I saw the point you where you attempted a wingsuit water landing.  There was a flash that swept up the screen showing something was definitely triggered when you hit the water.  It's unfortunate it cost you your "death protection charm kind of thing".  :(

Thinking back on FC3 I used the wingsuit water landing quite a bit where the game map was built on basically two mountainous islands both with lakes.  But I have no recollection of ever using it in FC4 where Pagan Min was the big boss.  I'm not sure if that game mechanic was even allowed in FC4.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I'd have to check again, though I'm pretty sure I used a water landing in FC6, but it may be that one time the water was too shallow.
D_B

mandru

In your recent Pagan Min session I caught you making a successful wingsuit water landing and how you figured out why it didn't w0#k previously.  :thumbsup:

Who would ever have thought instead of water that first lake seems to be made entirely of something resembling pink sapphire. ( 9 on the Mohs hardness scale compared to somewhere between  5  to 7 for concrete  ::) )
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that was a funny realization, that I couldn't do a wingsuit landing there because it's not actually water!
D_B

🡱 🡳