Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 30, 2022, 07:46:14 AM
One thing I'm concerned about and they didn't go into too much detail was that it appears to get through the story of the expansion you might have to play through sections multiple times to get everything you need to progress that section of the story. Not too fond of that, as it was the main focus of the three DLCs as well, where it seems they expect you to replay it several times to get the highest tier stuff, which you could ignore and just play them once like I did. But it seems from what they said is that you may need to do some sections more than once and that doesn't interest me too much.

That's a shame - it appears that the developers are pushing toward making "open world" more linear in that you are forced to go down a prescribed pathway to complete a game. I don't like that trend at all.  :banghead:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah we shall see how it goes, might be OK, who knows?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

D_B, it took me a few days but I finally (if between a few viewing sessions) watched last weeks entire FC6 session with the new Between Worlds content.

Whew!  With the stingy ammo supply and rapid respawn of the red and blue security characters it's a tough go.  But when two or three of the mortar positions in the purple crystal world zeroed in on your position for that constant bombardment --- that was outright brutal.  ???

It seemed as if each crystal gate you removed in that world (to get to the goal shard) bumped up the aggressiveness of the security sims.

I hope this wasn't the level of difficulty when set on Story Mode.  :undecided-new:

It would be nice if when you are actually in one of the map segments clicking on that segment of the World Tree map would pull up a map of the layout and details for that world.  Even the small circular area map that's in normal FC6 would be a big help.  8)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Glad you enjoyed Mandru! I got the hang of the between worlds stuff towards the end, I don't think it's meant to be the enemy intensive level of difficulty that the main game is, as it seemed there were a set number of enemies for each area and once you've gotten them taken care of, it's a matter of figuring out the puzzle to get tot he gate to the next area. Remembering to swap ammo to match the enemy type was a bit of a challenge as the friendly alien was quick to point out lol.

I didn't play any this week as I was busy Saturday digging out from under another snowstorm that dumped another 6-8 inches of snow on us Friday night.
D_B

mandru

Wow D_B, I really got caught up in the last two episodes of FC 6 Between Worlds.  Whew!  What a ride.  I even annoyed Mrs. mandru by yelling suggestions at the computer screen.  :anigrin:

Between the severe ammo limitations and the intense combat situations I'm curios as to what difficulty setting were you playing on?

You called it "cheesing" the dark cave world by resetting your graphics levels for better visibility but I would call it an appropriate survival tactic.  O0

- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Glad you enjoyed! I wasn't too impressed with the expansion, maybe it's just not my cup of tea. Not sure what difficulty it was on, probably normal as I don't recall setting it. That dark cave was too much hassle otherwise, and I was losing patience by then lol. But it's finished and I have no desire to repeat any of it. I think you can get other weapons and stuff but really I would never use them back in the main game, I equipped the ones I have in another slot but then forgot to even switch to it, so there you go. Ubisoft did send me a link to a questionnaire about it and I gave them some brutally honest opinions. Not sure how much they will take into account, but at least I had a place to vent some frustration. Honestly compared to the DLC and expansion for Far Cry 5, the ones for FC6 are really not up to that level in any comparison. The main game was great and quite enjoyable but the add-ons really seemed sub-par this time around. Actually the three free DLC were more fun than the paid ones.
D_B

mandru

I had a thought on one specific repeatable missions you get on various weeks in FC6 where you steal the bio weapon that you have to keep cool.

It seems that the mission where you take out the cult leader goes pretty well.  That is until you hit the maze of rocks with winding pathways and attackers coming from all directions.  If I'm not mistaken that part of the event makes it one of your least favorites of that type mission.

In the main story line when you stormed the hotel to kill the countries dictator  you used one of your outfits that has some kind of Hoodoo powers that allows you to track and shoot previously unseen enemies through multiple walls and floors above you.

If you had that mystic outfit preloaded on one of your four armor presets...  :evil2:

If I'm not mistaken engaging it and clearing that last area (so that Lola can pick you up) would be like shooting fish in a barrel.  :anigrin:
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that is an idea, and I do have that equipment loaded in a preset so I can swap to it when I need to. I just never thought of doing that during that part of the mission, just didn't occur to me lol. I actually used that gear a couple times in one stream recently to clear out a couple of occupied areas. The thing is really OP lol.
D_B

mandru

- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Had a bit of an occurrence in the last live stream, was quite amusing.

D_B

PZ

lol, even the cat couldn't figure out what was wrong with that guy  :D

Dweller_Benthos

Right? It's good timing I ask it what it thinks and it shakes it's head like "I dunno"
D_B

PZ

:D

That's definitely a rare capture!

mandru

I remember seeing that on your play through and thinking "The twerking dead".   :gnehe:
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Haha that's funny! Far Cry Primal is getting near the end I think, I'm cleaning the map of most everything to do, after that, I'll finally finish my game of Blood Dragon that I never finished, don't know why but that one never grabbed me either, even less so than Primal.
D_B

🡱 🡳