Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I rarely call for the car, I've got the truck now too, I usually fly places or just walk to take in the world.

Did some of the Vaas DLC today, here's the live stream link (warning: lots of swearing)

starts about 5 minutes in. I have mixed feelings about it, because well, it's essentially one long hallucination, right? And unless something else happens, so far it's a lot of the same stuff all the time. So maybe not the best purchase but there it is. After about 2 hours in it I switched back to the main game, I would guess you can just pick up where you left off going back in as well. I spent a lot of time on one of the puzzles and basically missed the one part entirely and spent too long looking to find it, then gave up and googled it, just didn't see that bit sitting there. Oh well. I did have fun shooting Jason Brody though, to clear a safe house. Here's a clip

Then I went back to the regular game and continued, finally playing that mission PZ posted about where you find that woman's brother and he's working for the bad guys. Awkward.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

It is a bit reminiscent of the hallucinations in a prior game, but I do not recall which one. I cannot say I am a fan of the challenges in which you are locked into an area until you are either successful or dead.

One really nice visual is the red moon - that was really cool!

I'm about half way through the Vaas video

PZ

This is just a beginner video of a bit of combat, how my croc attacks people, and the most useful part is at about 1:45 - using the Supremo to take down a pesky helicopter.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I mention a couple times FC3 was the low point of the series for me, and the Vaas DLC is essentially the same thing. There were points in FC3 that are really good but the general feel and theme of the game was lacking. Plus all the drug trips and hallucinations were not my cup of tea. FC4 had a little less of that and FC5 about the same, but the feel and themes were a bit better. Once I'm done with the main game I'll do more of the DLC, or maybe hop in now and then to get it done in pieces.

If you got to the part of the video in the doctor's house where I'm trying to find the drugs to get the upgrades, you can skip a lot of it, I just wander around not finding the last one because I missed it right at the start. I took a break and googled it and found it immediately. Then I found out you can't just leave those upgrades and come back to them when you have the money to upgrade with them, they just disappear, so it's either claim them or sell them when you find them.

I'm also not a fan of the challenges where it's an arena battle essentially, luckily they aren't too hard and they are marked with a difficulty that I didn't notice until later, so doing them in order is probably better.
I was disappointed that they make a big deal about it being night and it just means you get ghosts wandering around that are pretty easy to kill. Not really spooky at all. But again,  the world is really cool looking which is always the strong point of the FC games.

Just saw your video. Guapo is cool and the easiest one to level up I think. I just went along the beach and had him kill those little rodents that are all over the place (and you can use once you get a camp kitchen to make the food that lets you carry more ammo, very handy) and he leveled pretty fast. One thing though, you must have some heavy armor on, I wouldn't last that long under fire from a helicopter, you were just tanking that damage heavily. I use the parkour armor to be able to run fast, but it gives no protection at all lol.
D_B

PZ

That was a good recap of the experience in prior games, and I totally agree. Thanks for the tips!

I did not know you could level up Guapo, and also did not know about a camp kitchen. As to me being a bullet sponge, I chose "Story mode" difficulty when I started the game, which a gamer like me really appreciates (I wish they had done this with the older games, and think it is a great idea). I love wandering the world to enjoy the scenery, but hate being butchered because I am not paying attention to the bad guys.

I guess I need to read a bit more about how to play the game

Dweller_Benthos

Ah right story mode, I forget which one I picked, I think there was essentially easy, medium and hard and I picked medium.

Yeah, each amigo has three attributes you can level up to make them better at what they do. If you go to the amigos page in the menus, you can hit a button while the amigo is selected and it will give you a stats page and show what the levels do and how far along they are. For the most part, it means having them attack soldiers and kill them, under certain circumstances. Like at 50% health or something. Guapo was pretty easy to level up by having him attack those little beach rodents, they don't fight back so he doesn't get hurt and you find them everywhere. Once he's fully leveled up he's less likely to get hurt and be downed so you have to revive him. Same goes for Aluso the puma, once she's leveled up she practically can't be killed, though she tends to get run over by trucks a lot. I never got Chorizo leveled up at all because I could never figure out how to do it, he has to find loot but I don't know how you'd tell him to do that. K-9000 the robot dog I had for a while was a little different, you had to let him find security cameras and such and again, I never figured out how you do that. If you didn't buy the gold edition, you won't have him available. I'm currently leveling up the rooster, and probably go back to the puma once that's done. The other dog I haven't encountered yet, so not sure what the story is there. If you notice in the coconut oven video I posted, when I first arrive there, I don't attack the soldiers but let the puma kill them, that was to get her leveled up. I only attacked them when it was clear she wouldn't get there in a reasonable time.

The camp kitchen you get by building up the add on structures in a camp, which is one of the main areas (where you go into third person mode). You talk to the construction guy and select the kitchen and have it built for materials, and then upgrade it. You can then select what foods to make, but you can only have one active at a time. A few are useful, but I like the increased ammo one best and the little rodents are what you need to make it. With a fully upgraded kitchen, the effect lasts 6 real time hours when the game is running, so that is a long amount of time which is nice. You'll find a cook pot at each rebel hideout as well, which is another thing worth buying early on, there are several sets of rebel hideouts all over the map and each is a fast travel point with supplies, a workbench, a vehicle, food, etc, when you have those fully upgraded.

Another thing to build at camp is a rebel training center which means rebels out in the world will have better weapons and more health so when they join a battle with you they won't be quite so useless. There are also weapons you can buy, but I prefer to find weapons in loot crates out in the world. I expect most of them can be found that way, and once I get to the point of not having them anymore I'll buy what's left just for completion sake.
D_B

PZ

Lots of helpful hints in a small package D_B, thanks for that! That's a large amount of information to digest, but I get the general picture.

I'm just in the middle of the missions in the Montero's area and recently discovered the construction guy. However, I've not done anything with him yet.

I'm not sure if I have rebels on my side yet, but I think so - there were captured people I freed along the way to where I am today. I guess these guys are like your pals in prior games?  If so, then it sounds promising as long as they are a bit smarter than in the older FC games. I kind of liked having them along and sending them to certain positions.

The game keeps getting better as I become familiar with what it can do.  O0

Dweller_Benthos

You can build the kitchen and buy hideouts at any time, I think, once you have access to a camp. Each camp can only have two additions, and there are five or six available I think. The kitchen sounded most useful so I did that one first.

The rebels aren't like the previous game's allies so much as they don't follow you around or take commands or anything, they are the random people you meet out in the world and the ones who show up when you overtake an outpost. The training center I think it's called, when upgraded, will let these people have more health and better weapons, so they aren't quite so useless when you do encounter them. There are specific encounters where you're given a hint by a random person that an ambush will be taking place, and when you go there 3 or 4 rebels will be waiting for you to attack, and they will help in the fight. Sometimes they actually survive too. One thing about them though is they love tossing molotovs and that can just cause a problem by setting you, your amigo, and the entire place on fire. I've even seen them toss them at enemies who are in the water, so there you go lol.
D_B

PZ

:D

They sound as daft as in all games!

I think I have already been the victim of a Molotov - at least one burst near me but I did not see the thrower. I have had a few exhibit exclamation marks above them and discovered that they lead one to a kind of mini-mission - I think these might even be recorded in the journal, but I'm not positive.

So, I think I need to level up Guapo, find a way to upgrade my Supremo, and explore the world more finding outposts, and clearing areas just to open things up a bit.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah whenever you see a ! mark on the minimap, it's a person wanting to tell you about a place you can go to do something. You don't need to talk to them, you will probably eventually find what they are talking about, but if you do, it will be marked on the map and in the quest list, so I try to talk to as many as I can.

Live stream from this morning,

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1215494412

at about 6 minutes, I look at the actions needed to level up the rooster amigo, pretty much the same for the rest of the amigos, they each have different things to do. You don't have to level them up or use them at all, but it's fun to have them along for the most part. Then at 44 minutes starts the long part for meeting the Maximas faction, and once I do that, then at 53 minutes I use the building system to make the hunting & fishing facilities, which give you some bonus stuff for those activities, but the system is the same for all the building stuff. Like I said, the kitchen one seemed to be the most useful so I did that one first.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Prior to a patch, every time you relaunched the game, your previous buffs would be refreshed/added on top of the previous ones you had bought. This allowed you to stack all of the buffs on top of each other, breaking the game :anigrin: I have exploited the bug to have both the speed increase and ammo capacity buff active at the same time :laughsm: Until I start a new game of course.

I went for the hideout upgrade and bought the hideout maps. Easier way to explore Yara/get into the city and unlock the best guns there  :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Ah interesting, though I think it isn't completely patched, because my added ammo perk hasn't needed to be refilled in a while, it just keeps starting back at the six hours each time I play it seems. I'll have to take closer note of it, as I haven't had to refill it at the kitchen in a while.
D_B

PZ

It looks funny when that rooster runs in front of you - he looks like he needs a hip replacement he wobbles so much  :gnehe:

Even funnier, when he runs and squawks, he reminds me of an old movie out of the mid-80s called Purple Rain in which one of the musicians, Morris Day sings a goofy song in which he squawks like that rooster!

As to the camp upgrades, they remind me of the trade post upgrades in Valhalla. In fact, the more I play FC6, the more I see similarities between the two.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the rooster is funny and he sometimes goes off squawking and mumbling almost to himself likes he's talking. If you've ever been around chickens this is actually how they act, pretty much quiet buck-buck as usual, then one might for no apparent reason go all squawking about nothing in particular, the other chickens sometimes joining in or ignore it and go on pecking at stuff. Strange creatures.

I saw Purple Rain back in the day because the girls I hung out with then loved Prince and so it was mandatory, but honestly I remember very little about it.

I'm not surprised the two games are similar, being UBI*bleep* and all.
D_B

PZ

My oldest had a Rhode Island Red when he was a kid that was so fond of him, she would run out to greet him each day and ride his shoulder like a parrot. Sadly one day he ran to me in tears clutching feathers in both of his small hands. Some animal had killed Belinda, and feathers was all that was left.

🡱 🡳