Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Ah that's too bad about the chicken, there's a lot of things that will be after them, they are tasty, after all. Around here it's racoons and bears that are the most likely culprits, though a weasel will sometimes sneak in and cause havoc too.. The proverbial fox is also up there on the list.

New video taken from the live stream, hunting the unique animals to be able to craft the hunting clothing. There is another animal, the boar, that I didn't record because I encountered it early in the game and wasn't thinking along those lines at the time. Anyway, I use the hunting bow the most, not sure how much better it is than the regular bow, but it's supposed to do extra damage to animals. I wasn't too impressed with the hunting sniper rifle, it didn't seem to be all that good, so after a few shots with it, I went back to the bow.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Man, you have lots of weapons! You might have already reported it, but how long did it take to collect all that cool stuff?

I see what you mean about the bow being better than the sniper rifle, but those animals sure appear to be "arrow/bullet sponges". Kinda strange that a headshot with a bullet wouldn't result in a one-shot kill.

[offtopic]A couple of decades (maybe three) I kept laying hens, about a dozen or so. in a wire enclosure within the shop area. One summer night it was warm so my bedroom window was open. In the middle of the night I woke up to the sounds of hens in distress so I went out to see what was wrong, of course, knowing it was some predator which could be anything from a coon to a cougar. However I went prepared with a .44 magnum S/W M29 (the Dirty Harry pistol).

When I arrived at the coop a coon was up in the rafters where the hens liked to roost and he was killing them just for fun. Several were already dead and I was so pissed that I shot the bastard. Naturally he disintegrated into a fine red mist so I was satisfied, but because I was shooting upward, there was now a softball sized hole in the roof through which I could see the stars. I had to repair the hole the next day of course, but it was worth it.[/offtopic]

Dweller_Benthos

All the weapons or most of them, are from loot crates. Stopping to talk to people and rescuing prisoners gets you crate locations, along with taking out check points and bases. I've bought only the special weapons from Juan with the depleted uranium, and never used them or hardly, I keep forgetting to try them out. A couple are interesting but they don't do a lot of damage really. As for these animals being bullet sponges, most likely because they are special and unique for crafting certain items, normal animals usually go down with a single headshot, though I haven't tried the special hunting bow on them. If you pump too many bullets into an animal, you are likely to just get damaged meat off them instead of the actual meat they provide.

[offtopic]
Spoiler
Raccoons are real (insert bad word here) and will just kill chickens for the fun of it. I've heard of them grabbing one through the wire fence and just tear into them while reaching though the fence, not even getting inside. Around here you need a sturdy building that is sealed and locked at night to keep the chickens safe. Even then, a bear will rip the boards off the siding if he can to get at them.
[/offtopic]
D_B

PZ

Sounds similar to what we experienced in prior games, now that you mention the specifics.

Good to know about where to get the weapons - the next time in the game I'm just going to continue exploring to find stuff.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask - there was a puzzle somewhere along the seaside in which you had to numerically sequence boats you find in the settlement by name and number so you can unlock a door to get into a stash room. The problem I encountered was that I found all the boats, but the numbers don't figure: 1, 3, 3, 4, 5 (no number 2), but one number 3 had a sideways caret associated with it. Have you encountered this puzzle?

Dweller_Benthos

I do recall a treasure hunt with boats, actually a couple now I think of it, one you had to find the boat called "Rose" when all along you thought it was a woman (the guy REALLY liked his boat by the way he talked in the note he left behind) and there was one with the boats up on roofs maybe? Yeah I think that might be the one you're talking about, though it was a while ago and I'm foggy on the details now. If you go back to it, let me know the location and I'll see if I've been there.
D_B

PZ

I think you have been there from your description. The boats looked like beatup old row boats with names in faded paint on them plus some kind of sign with a number nearby. I thought the first one was called Rose, and that another was on top of a roof at the edge of town. One was under water in a place infested with barracuda and sharks.

I think I can find it again because I never completed the mission so it should still be in my journal.

By the way, do you recommend any online map sites? I found a reasonable one a while ago:

https://mapgenie.io/

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on December 01, 2021, 10:15:52 AM
Oh, I've been meaning to ask - there was a puzzle somewhere along the seaside in which you had to numerically sequence boats you find in the settlement by name and number so you can unlock a door to get into a stash room. The problem I encountered was that I found all the boats, but the numbers don't figure: 1, 3, 3, 4, 5 (no number 2), but one number 3 had a sideways caret associated with it. Have you encountered this puzzle?

I did it too, but cannot remember :(
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

That's a pretty cool map site, I'll have to keep that link. I haven't actually looked for online maps, the in-game one does the trick usually. But for looking for something specific, that will be handy.

Yeah if you have the mission yet, take a screenshot or a video of the place, it might jog our memories. Too bad there isn't crossplay, it would be fun to team up sometime.
D_B

PZ

Thanks anyway guys  O0

I'm not familiar with the term "crossplay". It suggests cross platform play? If so, yeah, that would be really cool. These days all I use is a PS4 and I know you guys game on PC.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah crossplay is between platforms. No Man's Sky has it and that's about the only game I own that does that I know of. Maybe Astroneer does too. There are a couple reasons most games don't and I guess the main one is it's really hard to do, or the console makers (especially Sony) have rules about who and what can connect to their consoles over the internet and are quite restrictive about letting anything outside their own control connect to their machines, so getting crossplay working is just one hurdle, getting past the restrictions is another.
D_B

PZ

Its a shame they make it so hard to play just because of inter-corporation p0L!t!cs.  :undecided-new:

Dweller_Benthos

There are technical reasons I guess, but it can be done, I mean No Man's Sky does it, so go figure. The problem with most games is reaction time, as is the case with 99% of shooters, that the controller just isn't as fast to use to aim and move as mouse & keyboard. Gives an unfair advantage to PC users, so that's the first major problem. No Man's Sky doesn't have PvP at all so there's no problem there, and it's not a competitive game where getting to a place or shooting a target first is something that matters. So it has less issues like that to deal with. Far Cry doesn't have PvP just co-op so it should be possible, if they wanted to bother.
D_B

mandru

Hey D_B I've watched all of your videos on this thread and it's tweaked some interest for me in this game even though I swore off UBISoft years ago.  :evil2:

I have a few questions resulting from watching the longish video on post #69 this thread.

First off what difficulty level are you playing on? 

Next question; there was an enemy checkpoint that you cleared out and changed it's allegiance flag in that video which resulted in wave after wave of enemies that kept beating the snot out of you and your poor rooster.

Were the flood of enemies attempting to reclaim the checkpoint (can those checkpoints be reclaimed after being cleared?) or were they mobbing the area because you stayed around to fight them instead of moving on to the mission you were trying to complete?

And lastly is there a reason or requirement for using specific hunting weapons (bow and it looked like a designated sniper rifle) to successfully get the skins and furs (gator, jaguar, and coyotes(?)) needed for gear upgrades?

Oh and thanks for posting those vids.  If nothing else I enjoyed watching.  At times I got caught up in trying to coach your next moves when hearing via stereo clues that something bigger and more threatening than what you were occupied with at the moment was coming in fast and heavy from behind you on the right or left.  :gnehe:

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 07, 2021, 08:03:33 AM
The problem with most games is reaction time, as is the case with 99% of shooters, that the controller just isn't as fast to use to aim and move as mouse & keyboard. Gives an unfair advantage to PC users, so that's the first major problem.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're entirely correct. I have some games in both PC and PS4 versions, and it is more jerky, but way easier with the PC to have quick reflexes.

@mandru: if you decide to get the game, I hope you enjoy it. I'm still early into the game, but so far I like it better than prior versions.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: mandru on December 07, 2021, 08:06:15 AM
Hey D_B I've watched all of your videos on this thread and it's tweaked some interest for me in this game even though I swore off UBISoft years ago.  :evil2:

I have a few questions resulting from watching the longish video on post #69 this thread.

First off what difficulty level are you playing on? 

There are two difficulties you can choose, story and action. Story is the "easy" mode, less damage taken and weaker enemies. Action makes enemies more lethal, but not to an extreme degree.

Next question; there was an enemy checkpoint that you cleared out and changed it's allegiance flag in that video which resulted in wave after wave of enemies that kept beating the snot out of you and your poor rooster.

Were the flood of enemies attempting to reclaim the checkpoint (can those checkpoints be reclaimed after being cleared?) or were they mobbing the area because you stayed around to fight them instead of moving on to the mission you were trying to complete?

You can piss off the FND so they will send special ops soldiers after you. Also, respawn algorithm is kinda broken, notably in the city. I had a squad spawn right in front of me, after I had killed them. Will it be fixed? Doubt it. I'd guess, the combination of remote working and departments not communicating efficiently might have lead to some choices that was marked as "won't fix" or "by design" :angry-new:

And lastly is there a reason or requirement for using specific hunting weapons (bow and it looked like a designated sniper rifle) to successfully get the skins and furs (gator, jaguar, and coyotes(?)) needed for gear upgrades?

Nah, changed to be more like Assassin's Creed/Breakpoint. Each gear piece offer some sort of bonus, which can stack. Yes, animal skins can still be damaged, but mitigated by upgrading the hunting lodge in a guerilla base.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 07, 2021, 08:03:33 AM
There are technical reasons I guess, but it can be done, I mean No Man's Sky does it, so go figure. The problem with most games is reaction time, as is the case with 99% of shooters, that the controller just isn't as fast to use to aim and move as mouse & keyboard. Gives an unfair advantage to PC users, so that's the first major problem. No Man's Sky doesn't have PvP at all so there's no problem there, and it's not a competitive game where getting to a place or shooting a target first is something that matters. So it has less issues like that to deal with. Far Cry doesn't have PvP just co-op so it should be possible, if they wanted to bother.

And some other stuff, like adjustable FOV (it's more advantageous when you go to 21:9 or 32:9 aspect ratios on PC), high refresh monitors, adjustable settings (you remember how I destroyed my settings to gain a visibility advantage?). Monitors are getting more popular for console gaming and more TVs are now designed for gaming (low response times, high refresh rates etc).

Jackfrags explaining the disadvantages of console players in the Call of Duty Warzone battle royale game vs PC. Quite unfair isn't it?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

When you get that ultrawide upgrade and crank up the slider to 120 in-game :anigrin: :laughsm:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

🡱 🡳