Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Thanks LPO for answering those questions.  :)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah to add to what LoPo said, I have it on the higher difficulty, and really 99.9% of the time have no issues with that. Sometimes there will be points where the enemies are a little too fast with the grenades especially for me to deal with, but that's usually after being overwhelmed for five minutes (or when I miss too many headshots in a row lol). There is also a slight and annoying delay for the two health boosts, the main one that you can do when your health is low and triggers an animation of you digging a bullet out of your arm or whatever, and the one tied to the supremo backpack where you can carry health boost syringes. Both of these have that half second delay between hitting the button and then triggering the animation then getting the boost that more than once has been my demise. I'm getting a bit better at predicting when I'll need one of those and hitting the button early though so it's been a while since I've been killed that way. Now, one of my "allies" throwing a molotov at an enemy and getting me in the splash range is another story.

That one piece of action at the checkpoint was just random spawns coming in, this has happened in the last few Far Cry games where you can just hang out at any random spot for the most part and they will just keep coming. Eventually, after killing a certain number of soldiers, your "wanted" meter will rise until it hits the top and you'll become hunted and they will send special forces after you who are generally more heavily armed and armored and are tougher to kill, they'll usually have helicopters or tanks with them too. A few days ago I spent a good half hour at the air base just killing everything while I searched for loot crates, and got the wanted level many times, would take out the arriving soldiers, then hide a bit to get my wanted level down, then go back into it, and kill more. I got close to dying a few times but never did.  But back to the checkpoints, I don't think they can ever take them back, no matter what. So they will always be friendly after you take them once. In FC5 you could abandon an outpost so you could then re-take it to get XP or a bonus for taking it back, but I don't think that mechanic is in this game. I haven't really looked though, but I've never seen mention of it.

Using the hunting weapons was just an experiment really, they are supposed to do extra damage to animals but didn't seem like much. Usually if you fill an animal with bullets you could get damaged meat instead of the actual animal meat which is worth more to sell or can be used for crafting certain stat boosting foods. Damaged meat can only be sold and for not much. So using the hunting weapons for that video was mostly an experiment. I don't *think* using any other weapon would have made you lose the special skins you get from those animals but I could be wrong, I'm not sure if it mentioned you had to use the special weapons and I know for sure I didn't when I hunted the boar that's not shown in the video because I didn't have them then. The previous FC games had certain goals for getting upgrades like "kill five buffalo with a shotgun" kind of thing and that is thankfully not present in this game. Much of the hunting is optional, as are the races, you can ignore them if they are not your cup of tea. The hunting (and fishing) gets you stuff to sell for the most part, and those hunting clothes, but beyond that it's not required. The races as well, you can just ignore them, pretty much all you get from them are money and really there isn't that much to buy in game that you won't have enough money just getting it off dead soldiers and finding it in loot.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Thanks D_B for that extra info it even answered a few other questions that I didn't want to bother you with.  :anigrin:

I went to Steam to check out price and availability and found out UBI*bleep* has made it exclusive to a couple other download sites but not Steam.  UPlay which I had earlier on a previous computer has had its name changed to Ubisoft Connect.  I'm really not sure I want two game servers actively eating CPU cycles in the background and slowing my system down so I'll have to give FC6 a serious rethink before diving in.

That said I'm currently hooked on watching the game play videos and look to any others that might be posted.  8)
- mandru

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 08, 2021, 08:14:26 AM
But back to the checkpoints, I don't think they can ever take them back, no matter what. So they will always be friendly after you take them once. In FC5 you could abandon an outpost so you could then re-take it to get XP or a bonus for taking it back, but I don't think that mechanic is in this game. I haven't really looked though, but I've never seen mention of it.

Gotta finish the game so you can start on the insurgencies  ;) Here, one region will be recaptured and it's up to you to liberate them for Moneda.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: LowPolyOWG on December 09, 2021, 12:17:09 AM
Gotta finish the game so you can start on the insurgencies  ;) Here, one region will be recaptured and it's up to you to liberate them for Moneda.

Ah, OK, nice to know!

Quote from: mandru on December 08, 2021, 11:30:19 AM
I went to Steam to check out price and availability and found out UBI*bleep* has made it exclusive to a couple other download sites but not Steam.  UPlay which I had earlier on a previous computer has had its name changed to Ubisoft Connect.  I'm really not sure I want two game servers actively eating CPU cycles in the background and slowing my system down so I'll have to give FC6 a serious rethink before diving in.

I guess you can't get it on Steam then, only 3-5 are there, I wasn't sure, I've had the Uplay/connect thing for a while. It's just another app, when it's not running, it doesn't take any resources except some hard drive space. I don't have any of those services running unless I'm playing a game on them, I don't start steam or Uplay/connect with windows, I run them, run the game I want, then when I'm done, close them. If they aren't running they aren't using CPU or other resources.

Thing is, on both clicking the X in the upper right does not close them by default, it just minimizes them. Uplay/connect has an option to set that to actually close the program, I don't think Steam does, it just minimizes unless you select the file menu then the exit option. Actually, there are a few other programs that do that too, kind of annoying, when I hit the X I want it to exit dammit!
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 09, 2021, 08:51:34 AM
I guess you can't get it on Steam then, only 3-5 are there, I wasn't sure, I've had the Uplay/connect thing for a while. It's just another app, when it's not running, it doesn't take any resources except some hard drive space. I don't have any of those services running unless I'm playing a game on them, I don't start steam or Uplay/connect with windows, I run them, run the game I want, then when I'm done, close them. If they aren't running they aren't using CPU or other resources.

Thing is, on both clicking the X in the upper right does not close them by default, it just minimizes them. Uplay/connect has an option to set that to actually close the program, I don't think Steam does, it just minimizes unless you select the file menu then the exit option. Actually, there are a few other programs that do that too, kind of annoying, when I hit the X I want it to exit dammit!

I do similar - there are just too many companies that like to leave apps running in the background. I never start gaming things at startup, and to turn them off after gaming I just use a task manager shortcut and kill the process - quick, simple, and effective.

mandru

OK guys thanks for the info on the thing with Ubisoft connect.  It puts FC6 on my wish list.  :bigsmile:

I currently have about $2600 USD tied up in a few pieces of music gear that my credit card (which I insist on paying down monthly) will be billed when they ship.  However my orders are tied up in this 2021 supply chain SNAFU.  :banghead:

I'm concerned my orders could all ship in the same month.  I can handle that hit but it would cut us pretty close so I need to be a bit cautious when it comes to any more luxury non-essentials.  :(
- mandru

LowPolyOWG

Can always wait for a sale  ;) There are some 3rd sellers that may offer the game cheaper. Christmas deals might be worth looking for.

Personally, I have taken a break from FC6, not much to do.

nex

Although UBI*bleep* has it on sale at the moment, it's still almost 1000 bucks, not that it's an issue, I just won't spend that kind of money on a game.
I might have to look at building a new pc sometime in the new year, my mainboard and cpu are not compatible with win11 and that's a pity.
The mainboard I have was one of the best MSI boards on the market at the time, each and every board was bench tested for overclocking, so it will be real
hard replacing it.
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

I think you posted you got an i7-3770K some weeks ago. It's still Ivy Bridge.

nex

yeah but it's not compatible with win11

Dweller_Benthos

I'm not too worried about win11 yet, as far as I'm concerned it's still in beta. At the earliest I would think of upgrading next summer. Right now my current system can support it (the security chip thing) but it's turned off by default, so windows thinks it's not compatible and doesn't bother me about upgrading. A reboot and visit to the BIOS will turn it on and then I can upgrade whenever I want. A fresh install on a new system doesn't need the security chip thing, or at least I've heard there's a w0#k around for it, but upgrading a current system does need the chip.
D_B

PZ

My wife had me upgrade her laptop to 11 yesterday - it was a 4gb download! Took all day of course to do the download, and once it did, the upgrade was an easy day.

Desktop still looks much the same but beneath the hood there appear to be significant upgrades to existing features. One thing I really like is the facial recognition login. I just need to get within my PC's line of sight and the desktop will open.

Sadly, I do not have a single PC of my own that can be upgraded.

@nex - Not sure how long it will be before you are required to have w11 to run a game, but you might have quite a bit of life left in your rig. I doubt the game developers greed will let them build a game that requires the new OS - too much lost revenue for gamers still using w10.

mandru

Quote from: PZ on December 10, 2021, 09:48:04 AM

Sadly, I do not have a single PC of my own that can be upgraded.

Would it be possible to swap to a new (as in new to you) motherboard that has the security module and uses your CPU?

As an older replacement motherboard the price would have come down and cost a lot less than a whole new computer.  But then a new rig is always exciting.  :evil2:

If I recall on that link I poasted about the upgrade to Win11 Windows will discontinue supporting Win10 in 2025.  And as to the similarities of W10 to W11 a reviewer said that W10 is W10.0 and W11 is W10.1 where they are just forcing the use of the security module.

One interesting update with W11 is accessible in the upper right corner where you shrink or close the window.  The middle icon that switches between tiled and whole page display when hovered shows a template for six different layouts for simultaneous page display.
- mandru

nex

Unfortunately my mainboard is about 11 years old with a lga1155 socket.
So instead of purchasing new games, I'd rather save the money for when I need to replace my machine.
PC components are extremely expensive here so every time I build a new machine I have to make sure the new mainboard will be able to take cpu and gpu upgrades, that way it won't cost too much to build and will hopefully last me a number of years. If the next machine I build lasts another 10 years or so it probably will be the last one I build. Although I can't upgrade the cpu, I can still upgrade on the graphics card, which I might still do in the new year.

🡱 🡳