Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah pretty interesting, I'll definitely be playing the Danny Trejo mission this weekend.

That video shows a very different play style than what I do, if I have to use two bullets to take down an enemy, I feel I've failed lol. They just run in with the fastest firing gun they can get and spray and pray.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

About the only time I run and gun is when I'm forced to by the game. I like that Danny is in the game - makes it more fun for me.  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

I was a bit surprised at the main mission, as it was exactly the same as the accidentally released version a couple months ago. That was essentially all the content there was, you just didn't get to keep the motorcycle at the end, so not much was added. I thought there'd be more to the mission after that. But you get to keep the motorcycle now, so that's something.

Also did the new special ops mission with Trejo as well, which is fun and I think, a bit easier than the other ones, at least it seemed so. Live stream starts here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1237750936?t=0h6m51s

I'm now using the healing supremo on these missions, which makes a revive possible and you don't have to restart, which is nice, I love the perception grenades as well, which essentially give you xray vision to spot enemies.
D_B

PZ

hmmm... I can hear the audio, but cannot see the video - any ideas? I saw that it is recorded in 1080p - not sure if my connection is too slow to watch it.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there's no other options besides auto and 1080p60, so maybe it's your connection just can't handle it, sorry about that. Usually there's an option to use a lower bitrate, but for some reason there's none for this VOD. Can you switch it to Auto? Not sure if that would make a difference or not.
D_B

PZ

Certainly not your fault, D_B

It is set to auto and the only other option is 1080p, so I'll try again today. I usually watch at 480 or 720

PZ

**UPDATE**

I changed from Chrome to Brave and I could get video to w0#k, but it only plays for about 5 seconds and then a long buffer time - rinse and repeat.

It must be my connection speed.  :undecided-new:

Dweller_Benthos

ah bummer, I feel your pain on the slow connection, I lived with that for soooo long, I'm so glad I don't have to anymore. (To rub salt in the wound, Spectrum keeps begging me to upgrade to 400mbs for an extra $30 a month, so far I've resisted lol)
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 22, 2021, 07:57:13 AM
... upgrade to 400mbs for an extra $30 a month, so far I've resisted lol)

???

I'm just dreaming about speed like that!

Dweller_Benthos

Maybe one day, PZ! One thing our reps in the state capitol did that was good was to require Spectrum to wire up all the underserved areas in order to approve them buying the local cable company. Actually, it was Charter who bought Time Warner and became Spectrum. I'm usually against that sort of corporate assimilation into a larger thing but in this case it was better for me anyway. I'm sure though if the state legislature hadn't forced them to do that, I would still be without decent internet. So the one time it was a good outcome for the average citizen.
D_B

PZ

I sure hope so - what chaps my hide is that I have line of sight to the lakeshore settlement below who have access to Spectrum. My place is relatively large acreage-wise and I'm in somewhat of an island surrounded by housing developments. They all have access to Spectrum, but the company is not inclined to spend money stringing cable for one home. I'll probably contact them to find out how much it would cost to bring the wire to my place, but I suspect it will be prohibitively expemsive.

On a good note, I discovered memory corruption on my PC which a restart fixed. I can now watch the videos, and am looking forward to playing the Trejo mission.

mandru

For irony sake we  had a Google fiber terminal box  installed in the verge between the sidewalk and curb in front of our property this last summer.  We now receive junk mail three times a week trying to get us to sign up for their internet service offering free installation and rates for download speeds of $70 for 1 gig and $100 for 2 gigs.  They also claim no rate increases ever.

Sure it sounds like a sweet deal but I feel that Google is too aggressively into data mining and marketing.  Beyond that Google has displayed (that as a company) they go out of their way to hire social justice warrior employees who are are heavily invested in cancel culture.

I don't feel comfortable trusting them as an internet provider.  They'll be looking over every customer's shoulder anytime an email is sent or received or makes a web search.  I'll wait and see how Elon Musk's satellite project pans out before considering an upgrade of my connection speed.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru on December 23, 2021, 09:33:10 PM
...  They'll be looking over every customer's shoulder anytime an email is sent or received or makes a web search.  I'll wait and see how Elon Musk's satellite project pans out before considering an upgrade of my connection speed.  ::)

I tend to agree.

I'm paying $70 per month and only get about 11 mbps download and 3 mbps upload on a good day.

Dweller_Benthos

New video on youtube! There's a small side quest that is unmarked and unless you read the notes laying around you don't know it's there. This one involves a grave at a cemetery. The story is that a child died and was buried there, and the parents were grief stricken of course. The mother moves away and finds a new life while the father continues to mourn, he finds out his wife is now happy where she is and goes there and kills her, then after he realizes what he's done, kills himself. Gruesome and sad and you have to follow the clues (or look them up online, ahem) and find the final resting place of the parents, or one of them anyway.

The second part is a treasure hunt for an emerald skull, ala Indiana Jones. Dark caves with traps and another sad story of the people who tried to find the treasure previously.

D_B

🡱 🡳