Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Man that graveyard is a spooky place, but I like how the bluish ghosts point the way. However, I really liked the treasure hunt puzzle with the glowing green skull. Those kinds of puzzles are ones that kept me interested in games like the Uncharted series.

Very cool, and looking forward to going into some of those.  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks! Most of the treasure hunts are pretty straight forward, but a couple are more puzzling. Usually, it's like this one, you just have to figure out how to get from point A to point B.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

If I get stuck on something, it's good that I can usually find an answer on YouTube or from you guys  :thumbsup:

That was my usual method when playing Uncharted  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

haha yep, one of us can usually answer pretty much any question, lol
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: mandru on December 23, 2021, 09:33:10 PM
Sure it sounds like a sweet deal but I feel that Google is too aggressively into data mining and marketing.  Beyond that Google has displayed (that as a company) they go out of their way to hire social justice warrior employees who are are heavily invested in cancel culture.

Any U.S corporation these days indeed. It seems narrative over facts have become the norm... :banghead:

Anyway, been taking a break from FC6. It was nice entertainment for sure. Once I get my PC up and running, gonna see if I can ruin the game with mods  :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

mandru

Hey D_B on Tuesday when you won the dominoes game and got up from the table you walked over in front of a TV.  It was at 00:39:20 and the image on the TV that sure looks like (Far Cry 4's big baddie) Pagan Min's head being held up for display.

Even though you're putting them out faster than I can currently catch up I'm sure enjoying your videos on Twitch.  I catch myself yelling warnings and suggestions that of course you can't hear.  :D

I was also wondering from one of your earlier FC6 videos if you ever figured out how to get past the malfunctioning electronics for Bunker 2's quick closing door.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah Pagan Min is in the second DLC, which is what was on the TV in that area, you access the DLC from the TV. There are three DLC, FC3 bad guy Vaas is in the first one and FC5 bad guy Joe Seed is in the third one. Each one is, I guess, an exploration of the mind of each of the bad guys from the previous games. I've played a bit of the Vaas one, but have been busy with the main game so haven't gotten back to it. There are also magazines laying around with Pagan's picture on it.

I sometimes look back at my videos if I'm looking for something specific, as it's nice to watch and be able to look at things differently, and a couple times I've noticed I've missed some loot or the clue to what to do for a specific area that probably took me too long to figure out in game lol.

Which is what happened in that one instance, where the bunker door didn't open. I was completely missing the point on that one, and looked it up on the internet. I felt a bit dumb, you don't have to try to beat the closing door, you just have to shoot the explosives that you can see inside as the door opens and that destroys the hatch on top that lets you into the bunker where the loot is. Sometimes the obvious answer just flies past me lol.

I was on vacation last week so I streamed pretty much every day, so it was a bit more than usual. Back to the regular schedule now so probably just weekends now. I'm also playing Cyberpunk 2077 now so that is also taking up some time, and I may start streaming that as well, maybe alternating with FC6.
D_B

mandru

Have you gone back and cleared that location?  Bunker #2 was an interesting puzzle.  As you were exploring the grounds around the bunker to gain access you came across two locked gates leading underground.

One appeared to be in a direct line with a lower level of the bunker but the other was intriguing.  Either there were two exits from bunker #2 or the second (which was set at a 90 degree angle of the first and was closer to the main road you used to access that area) hinted at an additional underground area to access.

I've caught up with your Twitch videos to where I'm up to "Better Late..." and enjoying the recordings of your streams.  But some of the game music and characters (like the roof top concert) are so annoying that it makes me wonder if you can flip sides and take out the resistance forces.  :evil2:

Then again that would make for a very short game.  :D
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

I did clear out that bunker, as I recall there's a unique weapon in there and a little storage room or something. Then you get out through the tunnel. I don't recall two exits though. I'd have to go back and look, if I can find the place again lol.

Yeah sometimes the music is a bit too much, in 99% of games I either turn the music off or have the volume really low. As you can tell in the videos, I turn off the radio as soon as I get in a vehicle and any time I see a boom box somewhere playing music I turn it off. During the one mission where you have to bomb the tobacco fields, the music plays and you can't turn it off, so Twitch muted the VOD entirely on that one, for that section, citing third party copyright. I've seen this on other VODs on twitch before, if I'd thought of it, I would have muted the game sounds on stream so at least my commentary would be audible. I'll keep it in mind in the future. As it is I sometimes forget to unmute or as happened this weekend, enable the game entirely on stream so for a good while, all you could see was my logo screen as I talked about what was going on. Ooops.

I also just now recalled a loot chest I saw on the minimap but didn't get to in the city, I'll have to get back to that. I avoided the city for most of the game because it's so hard to get around in with the walled off sections. Getting up on the roofs is the way to go but of course the entire thing is a no fly zone so you can't air drop anywhere close and wingsuit in.
D_B

mandru

You don't want to cut the game sound too often.  I enjoy the noise made by the splat of the close range head shots.  :evil2:
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I'd only have to cut the sound when music is playing that I can't stop. That one mission so far has been the only time it happened in FC6.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: mandru on January 10, 2022, 09:46:36 AM
... splat of the close range head shots.  :evil2:

Speaking about headshot "splat", some time ago I played a linear sniper game (forget the name) in which the bullet would go through body parts in slow motion so you could see all the damage occurring within.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Sounds somewhat familiar. It was kind of fun, but there were only a couple of missions that were satisfying from a sniper point of view  :gnehe:

nex

The same with Sniper Ghost Warrior Contract 2. You can disable it in the settings, which is what I've done.
Respect is earned, not given.

🡱 🡳