Far Cry 6 member videos

Started by LowPolyOWG, October 16, 2021, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Nice  :thumbsup:

I'm all for player options - the more the better.

Dweller_Benthos

Finished the main story part of the game and now I have the insurrection part of the game where there's a weekly mission to take back a certain area of the map that's fallen into enemy hands. So I clipped a few spots from the last couple streams on Twitch that were funny, I may put them in a video up on youtube eventually.

Those should all be self-explanatory, lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

Excellent videos D_B!  I've never seen spinning vehicles before, but the icing on the cake was the body thrown from the spinning vehicle!

I've not seen anything like the second one either - the vehicle being thrown to the side - just goes to show that anything can happen in an open world game

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the spinning vehicles happens if you have the certain armor upgrade on your truck and hit another vehicle just right. It's as if they forget about physics and just float there for a bit. The one with the minicab getting thrown was just lucky timing, as I called for the truck and it spawned in just as the cab was driving into that space, and the old thing happened where two things occupied the same space at the same time and the cab lost lol.
D_B

mandru

D_B, if I recall correctly there was a short time after the two spinning vehicles you rammed one of the larger trucks and you were the one who got to go for the spin.  :anigrin:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that happens as well, your truck can get tossed around after a collision, it's pretty funny.
D_B

mandru

D_B, I've noticed something as you've been completing all of the collections with previously unread back story messages.

Maybe it's because I don't have to worry about someone shooting me in the head from behind but if a note hasn't been collected it will flash to draw attention.  I've not seen any of your previously read messages flashing in the same way.  ;)
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

I'll have to take closer notice, but I think anything of interest will flash, and notes will flash whether they've been read or not. Which makes it kind of difficult to know which ones I need to pay attention to and which ones I can pass by, which is why more than a few times I look at a note quickly to see if I've already read it or not, sometimes I've just forgotten and read it again, other times I recognize it and know I've seen it before.
D_B

mandru

D_B I see now that you were right on the pre-read notes flashing as well.  I caught that on your first of the two Insurrection Saturday videos when a flashing note on a bulletin board you viewed did not award the 'back story found' notice that usually pops up.

Sorry about the false lead.  :-[
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

No big, it would be cool if stuff you've already looked at didn't try to attract your attention, and just things you haven't seen but that's asking a bit I guess. Now that the main story is done there's just the weekly insurrection to do and of course, the DLC. I'm not too fond of the DLC this time around, if you've seen my last video on it, I was almost ready to rage quit. It's really annoying and putting it on story mode made it better but still, there's no way to save progress, at least that I can tell, you save inventory if you quit, but progress isn't saved, so the only thing I can imagine is that they expect you to play the entire story in one go? That's just dumb. Unless you explore the whole island, get all the weapons, save up the money to then buy them (yes you don't get a weapon just by completing the quest for it, you then have to go back to the main area, without fast travel, mind you, and then buy it, hoping you have enough money to) and yeah, if you die, you lose all your money. So this DLC, and I imagine the upcoming ones are the same, are not my favorites. The DLC missions in FC5 were much more fun.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

New Rambo tie-in, crossover, whatever you want to call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rg8jl_2nKo

A fairly short mission on the humorous side, as it's filled with cliché Rambo quotes the entire time. But you get a nice explosive bow from it, so there's that. The entire mission is in my latest stream after I finished this week's insurgency missions.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1287848722
D_B

nex

Sylvester sounds like a girl....... :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I like it! Gotta laugh at the lines from the movies.

PS: I like that suppressed assault rifle you're using D_B  :thumbsup:

Quote from: nex on February 07, 2022, 10:19:41 AM
Sylvester sounds like a girl....... :anigrin:

:laughsm:

Definitely not his usual "I'm drunk voice"

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks PZ! Yeah that rifle is about the best one I've found for how I like to play. It's accurate enough I really don't need to carry a dedicated sniper rifle and it can go full auto if the need arises. So I get to carry a couple "fun" weapons like the hand made explosive cannon thing I use to flush out hiding enemies and blow up billboards with, and then a bow or some kind of grenade launcher for various uses.
D_B

mandru

D_B that bow you picked up from the Rambo challenge sure handles like a hot ticket item.  :thumbsup:

Imagine the damage you could have wreaked if you'd had that from the start of the game.  :evil2:
- mandru

🡱 🡳