A close call with poisoned victims

Started by PZ, November 30, 2021, 10:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I haven't had a chance to play anything lately because life as we head into the holidays is a bit hectic so I've been checking some of the old videos I forgot to post on the YT channel.

This is one with poison of course in which the victims are passing right by my hiding place.

Dweller_Benthos

Those big guys require a little extra effort to take down, LOL!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah... I had a friend looking kinda like that when I was a kid!  :gnehe:

mandru

I'll admit that is impressive play and game mechanics.

I was surprised that big guy went down so easy with the assassinate move.  :o
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Normally the big guys (Goliaths) are tough to take down and require something called "stealth attack" which requires you to time it just right. This poor Goliath was already almost dead from the poison as evidenced by his almost nonexistent health bar so it was a simple stab that took him down. Besides, I think all you guys know that I always play on easy  :gnehe:

I really do appreciate the game mechanics and with the additional DLC lands of Ireland and Francia, the game is really huge so it will keep me busy for a long, long time. That is, if they decide to release a Games + mode in which I can start the game with all my skills, abilities, gear, and level in a new play through.

There are quite a few similarities with Far Cry 6, but what sets Valhalla apart from FC6 is the ability to climb to high places. FC6 is great, don't get me wrong, but I almost feel like being back in FC2 with the limitations to go vertical.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah you can only jump so high in FC6 or any of the Far Cry games, but there's always helicopters .... from which you can use a grenade launcher, so, trade-offs lol
D_B

PZ

I play so much Assassin's Creed, it's kinda funny that my knee jerk response when I want to go up something is to try to climb up in FC6. For example, there was a long trail leading to the top of a mountain that gave me trouble even with small boulders  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah you have to look for the ledges someone has carefully and thoughtfully painted for you to know where you can climb. Or you can always try to "Skyrim" it, with the parkour clothes you can get some places easier.
D_B

PZ

That's cool - I did not know about the parkour clothes  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Very handy, the whole set gives you a movement speed bonus after doing a running slide, and you don't get tired out, or at least it takes a very long time. Which is why I just run most places and don't bother with a vehicle unless it's a very long distance, and then I usually fast travel to the closest safe point and run from there.

Other clothing sets give you other bonuses, more explosion resistance, poison resistance, etc.
D_B

PZ

I'm certainly looking forward to exploring those options!  O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳