"STRAY" - Be a Cat

Started by fragger, July 21, 2022, 08:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

This looks kind of quirky and fun. Not a lot of gameplay (about 5-6 hours, apparently), but it's something different and looks very nicely designed. If you ever wanted to claw stuff, swat things off shelves and go "meow", now you can!

Currently going for $41.95 AUD on Steam, which is a bit of a whack in the wallet for such a short game. I might consider it if it comes down in price as I kind of like these sorts of things if they're not too stressy or exasperating.

It got "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews on Steam, for what that's worth.

Dweller_Benthos

Watched a couple of live streams of it, and it looks cool, a mostly relaxing platform puzzler, but with a few scary/tense moments that require stealth. I won't give away the story, but I thought it would be better if it was just the cat trying to get back to their family in a post-human world, traveling through the ruins left behind, not, well to not give too much away, all the robot stuff.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Kind of reminds me of the Uncharted games, but less intricate  :thumbsup:

mandru

It looks interesting but like you fragger I'll need to check back later when there's a price reduction.

Right after you posted this I came across a thread on another site that showed a picture of the cat that provided the voice acting for Stray.  She's a yellow tabby named Lala and reportedly has a very wide vocal range.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Yep, 42 bucks (about $30 USD) is a bit of an ask for a game you could finish in a single evening, and with in all likelihood very little replay value - if any. If it were to come down in price to under 10 dollars, I might be tempted.

Tags:
🡱 🡳