Glamping at Winchester Bay

Started by PZ, October 30, 2021, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Doesn't look like the page is loading correctly. The little spinner thing just keeps spinning and there's only the one picture and comment.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

PZ

Dang it, I did a recent platform update and I need to check it our. Hopefully it will w0#k out because I have tons of pics of all the places we visited   :(

UPDATE:  Well, I don't know if it updated properly, but I'd appreciate it if you guys would try again just to see if it worked.

fragger

Sorry mate, the same thing is still happening - a continuous loading circle thingy which doesn't seem to progress. I let it go for a good ten minutes but nothing eventuated.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah same here in two different browsers.
D_B

PZ

Well, that's certainly a both - thanks for trying though.  I'd like to try one more thing, a direct link to the photo album so maybe I can isolate the issue. It might even be a cache issue either on server, Cloudflare, or browser end.  :main_knockout:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EE3rVZWt2kYF1tWi8

Dweller_Benthos

The photo album link works fine, beautiful place, I can see why you like going there.
D_B

PZ

Thanks D_B; it's definitely worth visiting as often as I can  :thumbsup:

mandru

The album opened up for me fine and I can see why you enjoy return trips to this spot so much.  :)

I keep trying to remember to send you the link for the bio-toxin beach closure updates for the Washington but it looks like maps for Oregon coast line would be more useful.  So if you ever decide to stick a shovel in the sand I'll drop this here.

https://geo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/SimpleViewer/index.html?appid=af1c0fc5676f4bad8ff0bc3890cea3f7

I tried to cut off the https but then it refused to show as a link.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Very helpful map mandru, and thanks for posting! I've not seen anything like this and in fact, did not even know something like a clamming map existed. In my browser I've created a bookmark folder specifically for RV-ing and several subfolders, including one for maps so I never forget where to find things.

I noticed a notice about razor clams, which brought back a memory of the first time I ever had them. It was on the Oregon coast in a small town more than a decade ago. Unfortunately I cannot remember which town, and cannot recall the name of the restaurant either other than it was right on the edge of the docks.

I don't know if this was just BS, but I ordered razor clam "steak" which was breaded and quite large - almost the size of my hand. It was delicious and had the texture of abalone, and the reason I do not know if it was BS is that I have never had anything like it since.

PS: thanks for confirming that the album is working!  O0

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

The new link worked PZ, I finally got to look at your pics, which are excellent. That's a lovely looking spot, I can almost smell the sea air! Looks like a really nice place to kick back and unwind :thumbsup:

PZ

Thanks for checking and getting back to me with your results fragger!

Yes, it is a wonderful place to relax. Half the days are excellent so you can go out and explore, and the other half is rainy so you can cozy down with a good book or watch Hallmark movies  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳