I forgot how good the game is

Started by PZ, December 22, 2021, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I forgot how much I enjoyed the music in the game, even in the menu system.

PZ

You guys already know that stealth is my favorite way to go into a mission, and GRW is an excellent way to accomplish that desire. This is a mission to steal the helicopter, and it is easy using a drone to mark the targets.

nex

Still my number 1 game PZ, you can do most of the missions in stealth, but if you're detected you can move to another spot without anyone spotting you, you can continue your stealth. That is something you cannot do in any other game.

Some time ago I read something on the Internet that you can only do three new games, I don't know how true it is, I've done two.
Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty slick, that is cool how your teammates actually do something instead of just randomly wandering around.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, I've enjoyed checking out the videos. Now all I need do is dig up the 'ol disc to be able to play it  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

PZ

lol!

There is some kind of AC Valhalla update that is reportedly a huge download, supposedly the entire game, which they have "fixed" to use lest disk space. I'm not looking forward to that.

Dweller_Benthos

Well, if it uses less space, it's a smaller download, right?
D_B

PZ

Maybe so. I'm reading different sizes for different platforms, and depending on what you already have some say. This is what I'm reading, whatever the hell it means:

QuoteJust how much smaller depends on the console. Xbox Series X users will save the most amount of space when redownloading the game, with the new version being 44 GB smaller. PlayStation 5 users will save the least, but they'll still get a good chunk of free disc space with 13 GB cleared. Windows PC users will save 34 GB, PlayStation 4 users will save 30 GB, and Xbox One players will get 30 GB.

Dweller_Benthos

But you still have to download all that even if you're saving some from the original game, so even though the net result is less, you still have to download the whole game again.
D_B

PZ

Yeah, that's what I understand as well. I probably won't do that for a while yet. I'm going to continue with FC6 for now.

nex

I'm back in Wildlands, not in the main campaign but in Ghost Mode.
There are only three differences In Ghost Mode, one is,  you're only allowed one main weapon and your sidearm but you can change weapons at most ammo caches which is great, the second one, you only have one life, you get killed that's it, you'll need to start from the beginning, and the third one, you must empty ammo clips before replacing it, if you do, you lose all remaining ammo from the discarded clip.

Playing this way is a lot slower, you also rely more on your teammates with carefully selected sync shots and you make use of stealth as much as possible.
The mechanics of the game makes it a lot easier to play in Ghost Mode. The game starts on level one (easy mode), as you progress in the game you slowly move up one level at a time, you hardly notice the game is getting more and more difficult until you realize you've reached level 30, things can get a bit hectic once you pass level 30. I'm on level 12 at the moment.
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Sounds like loads of fun, nex  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to reading about your adventures  O0

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 31, 2021, 04:11:35 PM
But you still have to download all that even if you're saving some from the original game, so even though the net result is less, you still have to download the whole game again.

They apparently overhauled the way the game loads and stream data. I'd guess, probably testing the waters with DirectStorage or an engine revision. I'd expect 2023/2024, we'll see proper current gen titles, chip shortages and remote working have made developers needing to support 8th gen for a few years.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳