Return to FC3

Started by LowPolyOWG, March 02, 2023, 02:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

FC3 is still alive thanks to mods. Last year, servers for FC3 were shut down, so no more online features. Doesn't stop the modding community  :anigrin:

With the help of the new modding tools, modding the game have been a much more pleasing endeavour. Today, I ported over someone's suppressed LMG mod to the new format  8)

Yes, you can now make LMGs usable stealth weapons

I increased the reload speed bonus from the perks  :laughsm: This is with a value of 0.95 (95% speed increase) :evil2:

Higher scope zoom (I fixed the Predator rifle, illuminated sights in FC3 have no 2nd zoom capability by default) and effective range.  :evil2: Also, I moved the ADS viewmodel to a 21.25° FOV, giving you peripheral vision while aiming  :bigsmile:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

That looks quite interesting. I just dug up a copy of FC3 that will fit on my laptop's small SSD. Modding might be just the ticket I need to make that happen.  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Haha pretty cool, love how the pistol is now a full auto machine gun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

https://streamable.com/uddmw7

Managed to add a silencer on the Ripper :laughsm: :evil2: Funny, LMGs have the necessary support for suppressor attachment on their models 8)

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on March 03, 2023, 08:09:13 AM
Thanks!  O0

Hope you grabbed the Rakyat package, it have some presets

https://streamable.com/m99sr3

Long range outpost clearing  :evil2:

https://streamable.com/xi4ruo

Yes, I suppressed the Ripper LMG :laughsm: :anigrin:

PZ

Yes I downloaded the Rakyat mod and installed it. I've not had a chance to play it yet, but checked off quite a few of the presets. It looks good, and I'm excited about the suppressed weapon. 

In the meantime, I attached a USB C SSD to my laptop because the main SSD is nearly full. I installed JC3 and it appears to w0#k fine off the USB SSD :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

By default, the installer has the suppressed AMR/Bull shotgun mod. Also, some options lets you unlock everything from the start or you pick what you want to start the game with  O0

I see the Rakyat mod got updated to v1.13 and the changes includes my mods  8)

Do not run install the AMR mods at the same time. The Enhanced AMR package includes an illuminated scope on top of the suppressor. Btw, you can install the illuminated scope + suppressed AMR at the same time  :) Some mods have an option, you should see an arrow at the bottom. Here, you can choose a setting  :)

PZ

Good to know - thanks for the tips!  :thumbsup:

I'll be experimenting today with FC3, JC3, and if I have time, maybe AC: Revelations and FC2 depending on my mood later on  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Dang the zoom on that scope, do you even need to move from that spot to clear the whole island? LOL

... and what was the deal with the player names on the rock? I recall posting some pics back then with our names on them, was it a hunting contest or something that would post the best scores among your friends list or something?
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 06, 2023, 07:39:35 AM
Dang the zoom on that scope, do you even need to move from that spot to clear the whole island? LOL

... and what was the deal with the player names on the rock? I recall posting some pics back then with our names on them, was it a hunting contest or something that would post the best scores among your friends list or something?

If the island was flat, maybe  :laughsm:

The rock names was related to Trials of the Rakyat. Atm it shows the default UBI*bleep* dev names as servers have been shut down

Dweller_Benthos

oh right, of course the servers are no longer up, but at least you can still play the game lol
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Speaking of FC3, I did some experimenting with the AMR. Under ImpactStim, it is listed to have an explosion stim, with a radius of 0.05 and a shrapnel modifier as sub stim type.

I tried to increase it, but didn't have any sucess so far. Setting it to IED/RPG as substim, made it shoot of vehicle parts  in one hit :laughsm:

https://streamable.com/uycu6s

Not shooting the vehicle directly

https://streamable.com/1uwund

Sniping mercs  :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

The guy under the jeep trying to fix it doesn't even know his buddy got taken out and then he's like why explode?
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳