Hello world!

Started by BinnZ, June 24, 2023, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Hello friends!

It's been a while. How are you hanging out overthere?
Here everything is fine, still playing Valheim. Did I even tell you I was playing Valheim?

Anyway, it is a great game. Although it hasn't been officially releasted yet, it's very entertaining. I divide my playing time equally (more or less) between building and adventures. And with the updates coming in every 6 months or so it gets better and better. Currently making a garden (big one) because I didn't have a garden yet. Trying to find the balance between natural looking and cultivatedness. The first should be the most visible, with the second being hidden from the direct view, but adding to the beauty. Probably that's what all gardeners say when they talk about their w0#k,  ::)
"No hay luz"

fragger

Hey BinnZ!  :) Great to hear from you, mate! Hope you've been keeping well.

I haven't heard of that game, I'll have to take a look at it. Sounds interesting.

I have to admit, I don't come here as often as I used to, but I still stick my head in from time to time to see what the guys are up to. I'm still playing Fallout 4, believe it or not... But since we've discussed the absolute dickens out of that game already, I don't post about it anymore :anigrin: I'm still playing Civ V and XCOM too. I haven't really come across any new games that interest me, although there are a couple on the horizon which might.

Cheers, old bean :)

Dweller_Benthos

Looked at Valheim back when it was really early and was intrigued but, I still have that allergy to third person games and didn't want to aggravate it. LOL Yeah if it was first person view I'd probably be all over it.

As for new games, just started one called Forever Skies which if you're familiar with Subnautica is similar to that, only you're flying in the air above the toxic mess that the Earth has become in search of the cure to a disease that is (has already?) killed everyone and left the planet pretty much uninhabitable. Just started early access so I'll try it a bit then put it away for a while until it gets to final release.

If you're curious, here's a live stream from this weekend, actually had a viewer drop by for a little while too.

That will only be available for a week though, Twitch has changed how long VODs are saved lately.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Hiya BinnZ - long time no see !

I've not heard of Valheim either, but it looks interesting.  O0

I'm still playing the old games like fragger. Currently FC5 and AC Origins. I still like those old games, and am a bit interested in the new AC Mirage that is to come out one of these days. I might need to get a better rig though, for any newer games.

BinnZ

Nice to see and read what you guys are up to!
Wow Fragger, still Fallout 4? You must've racked up an amazing amount of playing hours there! Probably something like me with GTA V. I eventually stopped playing that game. Everything was so utterly reproduced that I didn't find any fun in it anymore.
Forever Skys looks interesting D_B! Nice slow-pace video you made of it. I watched half an hour or so.
While watching I realize I want to try new games too. Don't have much time yet. Still struggling with finishing my Master. It's been a busy few years here.

Nice to hear from you guys! I'll try to drop by more often :)
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Education is important! Then you can have fun! Glad to hear from you.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

What can I say, BinnZ? :anigrin: FO4 never seems to get old for me. I'm sure it will eventually. I don't know how many hours I've put into that, but it would definitely be thousands. Even so, I've only done six playthroughs in all that time, because I like to take my time with it and try a different approach each time. I had one 'thru which lasted for two years - two _actual_ years that is, not game years - playing an average of two or three hours per day. I guess I'm a fan :gnehe:

All the best getting your Master! :)

nex

Hi BinnZ, good to know all's well on your side. I'm also very guilty of not posting much, for that matter, hi to all you guys. Nothing new from my side, still between Wildlands and Satisfactory, for a break from those two games I stumbled onto a online game "Total Battle" although I play it on pc it's predominantly played on mobile.
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

Quote from: fragger on July 01, 2023, 04:47:28 PM
What can I say, BinnZ? :anigrin: FO4 never seems to get old for me. I'm sure it will eventually. I don't know how many hours I've put into that, but it would definitely be thousands. Even so, I've only done six playthroughs in all that time, because I like to take my time with it and try a different approach each time. I had one 'thru which lasted for two years - two _actual_ years that is, not game years - playing an average of two or three hours per day. I guess I'm a fan :gnehe:

All the best getting your Master! :)

You're definitely a fan! :)

I've racked up 2000+ hours already in a single playthrough in Valheim. Think that took me roughly 2,5 years. And still going. They main reason why I keep playing the same 'playthrough' is because of the cool building abilities. You can build whatever you want, wherever you want. So I have a dragon dome created, a base that is built on two shores or a river, I built Valheim Central station in the middle of the world, with a floor dedicated to portals loading in all four wind directions, I built an Ice Palace in the North Pole, a Stilt House in the swamp, a massive farm in the meadows and a fire bridge in the South, which is a burning area where everything is smouldering and smoking.
My last project is a circular bar, high up in the sky, built around a rock formation. Including a DJ booth and super cool lighting effects. I'll see if I can post some pictures. I forgot how to do that here :)
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Quote from: BinnZ on July 02, 2023, 11:55:36 PM
You're definitely a fan! :)

I've racked up 2000+ hours already in a single playthrough in Valheim. Think that took me roughly 2,5 years. And still going. They main reason why I keep playing the same 'playthrough' is because of the cool building abilities. You can build whatever you want, wherever you want. So I have a dragon dome created, a base that is built on two shores or a river, I built Valheim Central station in the middle of the world, with a floor dedicated to portals loading in all four wind directions, I built an Ice Palace in the North Pole, a Stilt House in the swamp, a massive farm in the meadows and a fire bridge in the South, which is a burning area where everything is smouldering and smoking.
My last project is a circular bar, high up in the sky, built around a rock formation. Including a DJ booth and super cool lighting effects. I'll see if I can post some pictures. I forgot how to do that here :)

Satisfactory, man I played that game too. But I got so fed up with it in the end, constantly having to build more conveyor belts to transport more materials to produce more goods, in the end I found it pointless. And I lacked a creative challenge, or at least some fighting. Not my cup of tea
"No hay luz"

fragger

Quote from: BinnZ on July 03, 2023, 12:14:04 AM
I've racked up 2000+ hours already in a single playthrough in Valheim.

Sounds like quite a lot of fun and I typically enjoy games where you build stuff, but like D_B, I was never a huge fan of 3rd-person games. I don't really know why that is, it just is :gnehe: I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

nex

I also dislike 3rd person games, but if all 3rd person games are like Wildlands then i will play them

BinnZ

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I hope this image shows correctly, as I found a way to do it which I am not certain of that it really works. Let's hope...

What you see here, if you can see it, is my Fire Bridge. It is located in the Ashlands, the Southern area of any generated world map. As you can see it's burnt land with ashes and burning rubble whirling down from the skies. The bridge is of exceptional design. Not because of its form; it's a simple resemblence of the golden gate bridge in San Fransisco, or at least something similar, but it's the fire you see within the bridge.
The fire is being produced by little fire-men called surtlings. They wander the Ashlands, but you can find them also in some other areas on specific spots or during base raids that occasionally occur. They are not friendly. As soon as they see you, they start throwing fireballs at you. And these balls burn, lol. They also damage buildings. However, I found out something very funny about them. You can catch them and lock them in a cage, made of iron. And not only that; although we can see through these cage walls, they can't! So if the cage is completely locked, they won't attack you because they can't see you.

So what you see there is at least 80 fire-men locked in a cage that spreads over the entire length of the bridge. They are trapped, but can walk from the left shore to the right, moving through the cage.

And then comes the funniest part: When you are close to them, although they can't see you, they can sort of sense your presence. And they will walk towards you. So if you cross the bridge, they will follow!!! And if you stand in the middle, they will all move to the middle too. The middle of the bridge is above water, which is deadly to them, so if you quickly run (or jump) off the bridge, they will suddenly realise they are above water and they will sprint in either direction to the shore. It is so funny! If you look from a distance, you will see them calm down and start moving slowly on both ends of the bridge. Sometimes a few suddenly start running, probably part of their programmed behaviour when in a crowd, and then calm down again.

In both pillars of the bridge you see also some fire-men (surtlings) but they have a different colour. There are the special ones. One-star and two-star surtlings. They are rare, and therefore hard to find, and even harder to catch. You can catch surtlings, as well as most living creatures, with a harpoon. Then drag them behind you to wherever you want them to be, and then release them. So if you drag them into a cage, quickly release them and run out, locking the cage door, they are trapped. I spent at least a month catching all those cunts. What makes it even more difficult, is that fact that they sort of auto-respond to eachother when one panics. When one surtling sees me, they suddenly ALL panic. And believe me, even an iron cage doesn't stand a chance against dozens of mad surtlings spitting fire at you. If that happens, you have to quickly *bleep* off through a portal, taking you away from the area, which immediately calms them down. When you return, they are all calm again and you can do the necessary repairs to the cage. So every time you cage another one, the rest might get alerted and start spitting fire.
And then there's the special ones in the towers; I had to drag them high up in the sky over wooden stairs that I built for that purpose, in order to lock them up high above in two cages of the bridge: the most valuable trophies :evil2:

I consider this building my masterpiece. It's unique, since I found this very funny behaviour of caged surtlings all by myself. Trial and error made me able to get them into the bridge and end up with this massive amount of walking fireballs :)

... well, the embedded screenshot doesn't w0#k. I'll leave a link to the picture on my steam profile, I hope that helps:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2819932442

"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Here, finally :)

@PZ: please tell me how to post a proper screenshot
"No hay luz"

nex

Nice screenshot BinnZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳