NOAA Site Aurora Predictor

Started by mandru, July 15, 2023, 06:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I came across a link that has interesting visual representation maps (updated every 30 minutes) that are animated to show times over a 24 hour period for potential viewings of both the predicted Northern and Southern auroras.  The two maps display the range and positions for where auroras should be viewable.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast

Then when you scroll down under the Products and Data links at the bottom of the page there's a treasure trove of other NOAA links that are related to Space Weather.

My first thought was to bring this information to OWG as I've really got no one else with whom to share this this level of possibly interesting and rarefied information.

I hope some of you guys find this worth browsing and maybe even bookmarking for future reference.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Nice post mandru  :thumbsup:

NOAA has done a great job making their information visually attractive. I was immediately drawn to the dashboards

Dweller_Benthos

Nice info Mandru! There's so much stuff our government puts out that the average person (me) has no idea what's being done. A friend of mine uses a lot of weather info that is available to everyone that most people don't even know about, and we really should since it's our tax money that pays for it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳