Voidtrain - build and ride a train through the void, it's right in the name!

Started by Dweller_Benthos, August 11, 2023, 07:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1159690/Voidtrain/

Kind of open world, sort of. Played the demo and liked it enough to grab the early access, so we'll see how it goes. You are riding your train past various floating islands of debris, some of which you can gather materials from to build a bigger train, of course! Kind of like Raft, only instead of throwing a hook on a line to gather stuff, you jump off your train to collect and "swim" back or pull yourself with your anchor rope. You stop at stations to upgrade your train and gather supplies. There are other trains as well, but the demo ended at that part and I haven't played enough of the full game to get to that part. There is multiplayer but I'm not sure if it's co-op or you run into other players and then engage with them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Did a few hours live stream yesterday, there's enough so far to keep me interested.

D_B

PZ

I have to admit that I would not be interested either. Seems that the game moves slowly with not much happening, and graphics appear mediocre.  I've not changed much - graphics are everything in a game for my tastes.

Dweller_Benthos

haha, yeah the art style is one to either take or leave. Since it's Unreal engine, the graphics can support pretty much anything, so it's the choice of a steampunk/retro art style itself that gives it that look. Since it's also early access, I expect there will be more added as well.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳