Good savings on Steam

Started by PZ, January 10, 2024, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Steam has been having good sales on games that I've wanted to try. One is Mafia: Definitive Edition, which is a ground up remake of the old game brought to modern day standards. I've seen a few videos and it seems like it might be kind of fun. The game is kind of like a GTA set in the 1930's.

It is 75% off and is now $9.99.

Dweller_Benthos

Steam sales are always a good way to find something good for a decent price. I try to keep from just buying anything because I might never find time to play it, but still sometimes get something that does take a while to get around to playing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Unless I really want the game, or it is really cheap I too will not purchase. Sometimes the deals are so good, it only costs a cup of coffee for a new (to me) game. Anno 1800 is $14.99 on Steam, and it is still $59 on UBI*bleep*, which is why I was looking at it. Although I like the idea of the city builders, they rarely hold my interest for long.

Dweller_Benthos

My problem with city builders is you can only set up the conditions for something to happen, then hope it happens the way you want, you can't directly influence what goes where and how it turns out. Mark this area for residential, this one for commercial, and whatever happens, happens I guess. I like to more directly interact with things. Same goes for most strategy games, put these guys over here, those tanks over there, point them at the enemy and watch the computer use RNG to figure out what happens. Not my cup of tea, but I can see how it can be engaging.
D_B

PZ

I can see that. I have always enjoyed the thought of city builders, and in fact, I've played most of the SimCity games at one time or another. However I always left each one when a good open world game like FC2 comes along. Usually I did not return to the city builder after finishing with something like FC or AC.

Dweller_Benthos

It also seems with city builders at least, there's a limit to how far you can go, there's only so much room on the map and once you fill it up with city, that's it. Unless it's one of those that has disasters ruin part of it, to which you have to then rebuild, but that seems limited.
D_B

PZ

It is kind of open world in the sense that you can build whenever and wherever you want. However, it is a really small world.

Tags:
🡱 🡳